Back-to-Back cruises

gbfan06

Hi everyone,

I wanted to get some timely advice on an upcoming trip. We have booked a 7 night cruise on the Mariner of the Seas which debarks Port Canaveral on 20 August. It turns out we now have some additional time available and I was thinking about also booking a 3 night Bahamas cruise on the Carnival Sensation which debarks Port Canaveral on 17 August and returns on 20 August. My question is whether we should book the Carnival cruise or not since we would be arrive/depart the same day. I'd be in "trouble" if something were to happen and we missed our Mariner cruise. If anyone has any experience with this situation or advice on things to consider I'd greatly appreciate your input.

Thanks!

I'm not sure of the answer to your question as anything can delay a ship but if Carnival is delayed returning that day so would RCCL as they both return that day. The cruise ports are right in the same area so getting from one to the other should be no problem. I don't know where you are from but central Florida has some fun thing to do.

We did something similar and it went without a hitch in November. We did a 5 day Western Caribbean cruise on Enchantment of the Seas and as soon as we returned from that cruise we strolled down the pier and got on the Carnival Liberty for an 8 day Eastern Caribbean cruise. These were two wonderful cruises and I figure that in our case just getting to the port from where we live in Indiana is a huge part of the expense in cruising, we may as well make the most of our time there. I did however purchase travel insurance through insuremytrip just in case something happened and we missed our ship due to an unforeseen delay, so we would be covered if we had to catch up later on the 2nd cruise.

We have done two 7 day cruises back to back (diff cruise lines) and loved it. One of the 7 days was our honeymoon and the second 7 day my parents joined us. It was so nice. Instead of being sad :( on the 7th day I was still happy :) because I still had 7 more days of cruising ahead of me. I would do a back to back anytime the opportunity arose.

Tricia

We're set for a 7 day B2B on the Conquest in October and have the same suite for both weeks, and we are so looking forward to it. We've taken 27 cruises but this will be our first B2B. A half a month at sea will be fantastic and like the other poster said, we won't be sad on the 7th day when everybody else gets off. Should have a pretty good tan after two weeks in the sun too!

27 cruises down

hundreds to go!

Cruizinsteve,

I like your attitude. We are also going on our first B2B in October on the Triumph. We have the same balcony cabin for two weeks. This is our 17th and 18 cruise. My wife and I look forward to each one just like it was our first.

Archived