Crown Princess - Lotus Spa

Mintty Girl

Hi Everyone,

I am new to this site, and think it is great. My husband and I are sailing on the 23rd Dec - can't wait to get away from a wet and windy England, for a Christmas to remember in the Sun.

Can anyone tell me about the Lotus Spa, as I understand we have to pay for it.

Many Thanks:)

The best info on the Lotus spa is at www.princess.com If you then choose Personalize and sign in, you can click on "prereserve spa services" and then you can see what is available on what and how much it will cost.

You can either make the reservation (they charge you if you cancel without sufficient notice), or just close the website without making a reservation, if you are just information gathering. I can't find anywhere else to get a list of all services and prices.

If you want a treatment such as a maasage or facial, you must have an appointment and there are charges. However, there are areas of the spa that are no charge - such as the gym, sauna, and pool. I find it to be a very peaceful area of the ship. The pool is almost never crowded.

The spa is great! I'd suggest getting a massage in the Sanctuary's cabana. You can reserve a couple's massage there. After the massage, they allow you to use the Sanctuary with no additional charge. Also, you'll receive a discount on any spa treatment during port days.

Be sure to drink lots of fluids prior to and after your massage. I learned the hard way on my cruise - I wasn't fully hydrated, and I became very nauseous. They explained that it was normal to feel like that because the toxins were released into my blood stream. They supplied orange infused water as I tried to relax and feel better.

Anyway, enjoy your time on the Crown! You'll love it!

Archived