Grandeur of the Seas -- Baltimore 10/22/06

Dodsworth

This will be my second cruise. Over Thanksgiving last year my B/F and sailed the Norwiegan Dawn out of NYC to the Western Caribbean. They had FOD parties about every other night (but after the first night we all already knew each other which was nice)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We will not be on your cruise, but I wanted to share a little information about the Grandeur.

I posted the following on another thread recently:

"The current Cruise Director, Eric, is very friendly - to everyone. He told us that Royal Caribbean has changed its policy on FOD parties as well as Friends of Bill W, Red Hatters etc. Seems they were getting too many groups that wanted parties.

What they did was put a bulletin board on the wall outside the Library on Deck 7. There is a supply of index cards and a pen and anyone can put up any notice they want. On our cruise someone put up a notice for an FOD party in the Singing in the Rain Lounge at 3:30 p.m. on our first sea day. A total of 17 people showed up! Most were from the DC - Baltimore area.The group decided to meet for cocktails at 7 p.m. every night at the rear of the Schooner Lounge. Lots of friendships were made during those 9 days."

Actually, by the end of the cruise the cocktail party group was up to 20-something as the word got around the ship.

I hope you have a great cruise and find some family on board. Let us know when you get back. :)

:) Thanks, Adam. I'm sorry the cruise line doesn't have an FOD party. That was on of the nice things on the Dawn. We had a party the first night out and everyone got to know each other.

I'll check the bulletin board.

I just did the Grandeur a couple of weeks ago, and Adam is right about FOD and other special parties. The only problem is that the bulletin board, outside the library on deck 7, is kind of out of the way for most people to check (or even know it's there at all). I would suggest posting a card there as soon you board and making it for about 8pm so that both those having early seating (6pm) and late seating (8:30) can attend. On my cruise, someone posted one for 9PM, but those of us who had late seating could not attend. We did duck out from dinner early one evening, skipping dessert, but there was nobody at the designated location. It is a nice looking ship, though I prefer ships with alternative dining rooms. It has one of the nicest indoor pool areas that I've seen and the staff is friendly and professional. You'll have a great time!

David

• 2 weeks later...

Archived