QE2 in Guernsey

Kindlychap

Had a good day in St Peter Port. Rained first thing but by the time we had waited an hour for a tender ticket in the lovely Queens Room it had brightened up. Lunch at the Boathouse was good - thanks for the recommendation Guernseyguy.

You were on the 5th August cruise too???

What tender ticket number were you in the Queens Room? We were 16, but since it rained during our trip to shore I guess you went later than us?

Having seen the weather first thing we didn't hurry to get a tender ticket. Number 31 I think. Quite nice and warm when we got ashore, but very crowded, around 11.30 I think. What about the sendoff from Bilbao. That was quite something.

Sounds like you were some way behind us then. Regarding the send off - so we heard! Unfortunately we were on an early seating in the Mauritania, and while we had a window seat, we were on the port side :mad:

IIRC we had to get down for dinner sharpish due to the Captain's Pi^^ Cocktail Party :D

Still, we'd experienced a great send off from Rotterdam the previous week, so I didn't feel too cheated :p

If you both like big send off's I hope you are both booked on the 40th anniversary next September! I have a feeling it may be fully booked now, but it is going to be a fab.

Last time we were in liverpool there were about 100.000 people there to see her and they lined the coast as we sailed out, helicopters, microlights and a floatilla of boats everywhere, for the 40th it will be like that everywhere we go.... tissues at the ready!... cant wait!

Mark

Archived