Suite guarantee: anybody get lucky?

I guess the chance of switching up to a suite guarentee on our Explorer Cruise which is over a year from now (8/17/07) is pretty unlikely, as there are NO rooms available from cat D1 and up!!!:confused:

On our roll call, we are perplexed. It is not like it is a holiday sailing or anything, but there just isn't anything in those categories left?!?!?

Anybody have any ideas why that might be? I did a few searches for the obvious group cruises, and found nothing.

A~

What is the grey area that you refer to on Deck 6?

Where are the yucky balcony rooms? I thought they were all good.

What do you mean by hump balcony?

Thanks for the answers.

I just got back and plan to sail again on EOS.

I had a 9th deck JS reserved for my 7/14 cruise. Two months before sailing, in May, the suite guarantee came up. We saved $1600.00 and were given a suite on the 10th deck. We didn't get an upgrade but I love being on deck 10. Yes, there are suite guarantees.

What is the grey area that you refer to on Deck 6? Where are the yucky balcony rooms? I thought they were all good. What do you mean by hump balcony?Thanks for the answers.

Hi webgal, I'm glad you enjoyed your cruise!

If you go back to post #15 in this thread, that should answer your question about the grey area and 'yucky' JS balconies. The 'hump' refers to an area right in the center of Voyager-class ships (like the Explorer of the Seas if that's what you meant by EOS -- if you mean Enchantment or Empress, they don't have them). It's kind of a 'bump' that sticks out from the rest of the ship, so the balconies are projected out over the ocean and they have more privacy, too. Some people think they are the best balconies on the ship.

I see that you haven't posted a whole lot, so maybe you're not familiar with some of the best ways to get answers to your questions. First of all, it's a good idea to read through the entire thread, because often you'll find what you're looking for right there. There's also a GREAT search feature at the top of the page where you can look up old threads -- if you click on 'advanced search' you can specify that you only want threads where your search terms appear in the title. You can find just about anything there, especially terms like 'hump balcony' that are commonly used here but might be unfamiliar to you.

Happy cruising! :)

Archived