Recent Pride cruisers == a few questions....

25dbb

Maybe anyone who was on the Pride recently can answer a few questions for

us.......

How early can you get on the ship????

We are aware of the early embarkation at the Queen Mary, just wondered

when you can actually embark Pride.

What Carnival excursions did you do, and how much are they???

Is there a web list INCLUDING PRICES somewhere???

Did anyone eat at Michaels????

Did anyone use Carnival transfers back to LAX?? Our flight is at 1:20pm

and wonder if we will be cutting it close if we use Carnival's transfers.

How were the sunsets???

Can you see the Arch in Cabo from where the ship anchors???

Any other info that makes this cruise unique???

We leave in a week and a half and can't get enough info!!!

Just wonder why no one that is sailing with us answered any of our

posts on the roll call board?!?!?! Maybe we've got the ship to ourselves!!!

dbb25

Maybe anyone who was on the Pride recently can answer a few questions for

us.......

Early check in is the way to go. We got to the pier about 10:30 purchased our $6 tickets to the Queen Mary and toured her. Regular price for tickets is $20. There is a little building to the left of the dome that you can check your checked baggage and purchase your tickets. When we where done we picked up our bags bypassed everyone waiting in line and boarded the ship around 2pm; however, I believe they began boarding around 12:30.

Puerto Vallarta – Canopy Tour (Vallarta Adventures/Carnival)

We usually do not take the ship-sponsored tours but because of the logistics on this one we felt it would be best. Although the price was twice what we would have paid on our own we did not regret our choice. The entire staff was TOP NOTCH and the tour was excellent. This excursion is the “Original” Canopy Tour or Vallarta Adventures you will find on the internet and is closed to outsiders when the Pride is in port. Carnival’s minimum age requirement for this tour is 12 but because the Canopy Tour states 8 and I worked closely with the Tour Operation Department I was able to have the age requirement waived for Nick. I have sent a letter to Carnival and hope that I can persuade them to reconsider and lower the age to 8; the age the Canopy Tour folks require. I’ll say it again this is an awesome tour and one that should not be limited to those over the age of 12. Cost of this tour was $109 per person.

Mazatlan – King David’s Stone Island Tour

We booked this one on our own; http://www.mazinfo.com/jungletour/index.htm

Excellent tour, Hugo will take very good care of you. Included in this tour was all transportation, open bar, lunch, and two activities, we did the twenty minute horseback ride and the banana boat. The cost for this tour was $120 for the four of us, $35 for adults and $25 for children.

Cabo San Lucas – Shopping and Water Taxi to see the sites. Not sure if we could have gotten a better deal on the water taxi as the rates changed with each step you took away from the vendor. We ended up paying $24 for all four of us. Not bad considering when we first got off the ship we were quoted a price of $12 each. I loved the shopping that was just behind the marina but was not happy with the malls. I hate shopping malls in the states and I really hate to see ports “Americanized”. Even with much of Cabo being so commercial at some point we will return for a land vacation.

I also have a copy of ALL ship offered excursions if you want to send me your e-mail address I can send it to you. You can also request this from Carnival.

We did not.

Did anyone use Carnival transfers back to LAX?? Our flight is at 1:20pm

and wonder if we will be cutting it close if we use Carnival's transfers.

Sorry can't help you with this one either.

How were the sunsets???

Sunsets and rainbows are hit or miss.

Can you see the Arch in Cabo from where the ship anchors???

We had a balcony cabin on the Port side and had a great view.

Check out my pictures at Webshots; there is an album of our entire Pride cruise.

Any other info that makes this cruise unique???

We leave in a week and a half and can't get enough info!!!

Just wonder why no one that is sailing with us answered any of our

posts on the roll call board?!?!?! Maybe we've got the ship to ourselves!!!

dbb25

I'm sure you will have a great cruise. If you have any other question let us know. I'm sure someone here on the boards will be able to help.

The Pride is a beautiful ship. I am sure that you will love the cruise. Here is the review I posted from our recent sailing on the Pride.

We used he QM early check-in and we were on the ship by 12:30.

We did not use Carnival excursions. We handled things are on own.

We did not eat at Michael's. But, I've heard it is wonderful.

I live locally so we had no need for transfers to LAX.

The sunsets and sunrises were gorgeous! :D We had an aft balcony and enjoyed them everyday.

We could see the rock formations from our aft cabin while we were docked in Cabo. But, we could only see the actual "arch" when we cruised in and cruised out.

We had limited responses to the roll call posting. But, not everyone knows of cruise critic.

Have a wonderful trip! :D

Had to throw my 2 cents in, of course... ;)

This depends on those who are debarking. Once the ship is cleared of previous passengers and cleared by customs, then they can start embarking passengers. This "usually" starts about noon. Obviously, the earlier you are there, the further up in line you will be and therefore will get on sooner.

We did the Countryside Adventure and Rhythms of the Night tours in Puerto Vallarta, Randi's Happy Horses in Mazatlan and just went shopping in Cabo. Details are in my review (see link under my signature below for details.) I also have scans of all the Excursion Info Carnival offered as of May 9th of this year, and all the prices at that time. You can visit here for that info: http://community.webshots.com/user/marklodi - then choose the shore excursion scans. There are lots of other info in there, so help yourself. :)

On the Pride, this is called David's, not Michael's. Yes we did and the food was amazing. I have photos of some of the food AND of the menu. Again, follow that link above and choose the pictures for Tuesday, May 11th (that's the day we went to David's.)

How were the sunsets??? Can you see the Arch in Cabo from where the ship anchors???

I feel like a broken record. ;) Check out some of the pictures we took of several sunrises (not sunsets - too busy by that time...that sounds sad, doesn't it?) and the Arch in Cabo.

Have GREAT cruise! :D

Archived