Kids Attire

bayberrymom

I am new to cruising and have another question. I have 3 kids (8 yo, 5 yo and 7 month old). Typically, they wear shorts and tshirts 24/7. Is the "resort casual" in the dining rooms enforced for the kids? In our case we are going on the NCL Dawn on 8/26. If so, does this mean that they need to wear slacks and button down shirts for dinner? And is the no sneakers rule really enforced for the kids?

Trying to get a packing list together. Appreciate any insight!:)

Last year on the Glory they enforced the no shorts policy for my boys, 8 & 9. I actually had to take them back to the cabin to change one night. It was fine tho, I packed a variety of pants including 1 pair of dockers for formal night, 1 pair of cargo pants and 2 pair of pull-on Nike sport pants. Toward the end of the cruise they appreciated the elastic waist band in the Nike pants and wore them every night!!!

As for shirts, they don't have to wear button down types except for formal night. A nice t-shirt or polo works just fine. Pack extra shirts unless you want to do laundry on the ship. My boys loved the free ice cream and somehow it ended up down the front of their shirts every night!

Flip flops and sandals are the way to go every night except for formal night. We brought sneakers but only used them on the excursions.

Don't go out and buy a whole bunch of clothes or shoes for your kids just for the cruise. They can wear the same thing night after night and nobody will notice or care. Have fun!

Archived