Silver Jewelry

solesis

Hi, I love silver jewelry, especially bangle bracelets. Any suggestions on where I should shop while in Cozumel? Thanks

from an earlier thread on silver...

There are a great many shops to buy silver,don't have any one particular store in mind...also look at the craft market. Make sure it is marked.925 and not 9.25 (fake).

Many will bargain, some will not. Do not be afraid to leave the store either, I had a salesman follow me out and finally agree to the price I offered on some silver hair clips.

The last time we were in Cozumel (2005) there were young men with their goods on them - bracelets - all kinds - mostly $10 some higher, rings, necklaces - selling their wares on the boats to different excursions. They say their prices are low because they have no store - I bought 3 silver bracelets and couldn't have been more pleased.

The last time we were in Cozumel (2005) there were young men with their goods on them - bracelets - all kinds - mostly $10 some higher, rings, necklaces - selling their wares on the boats to different excursions. They say their prices are low because they have no store - I bought 3 silver bracelets and couldn't have been more pleased.

Let's hope they're there when we go back this time.

Do they have the proper marking, so you know your getting sterling silver?

Thanks Pal

from an earlier thread on silver...

There are a great many shops to buy silver,don't have any one particular store in mind...also look at the craft market. Make sure it is marked.925 and not 9.25 (fake).

Many will bargain, some will not. Do not be afraid to leave the store either, I had a salesman follow me out and finally agree to the price I offered on some silver hair clips.

Where is the craft market?

If you want to get an excellent quality silver, try Tanya Moss. Her things are very unique, tho' you will pay more than the market. Bought a few things there 2 years ago & they are much like my Tiffany as they don't tarnish like most & are heavier.

Archived