Visas?

tommygirl1983

Hi everyone,

just got a letter through from p&o that's worried me slightly.. it says we need a visa for all our stops in India?

I have never got a visa before and am not sure what the best way about getting one is?

It says that visas through p&o's recommended visa service will cost from £83 per person which strikes me as a lot of money - are there cheaper ways or am i just gonna have to bite the bullet?

Thanks in advance for all your help - it's much appreciated!!

Catherine x

Hi,

Yes you need a visa for India before you leave. Ypu will not be let on without it. Since you are in the UK you can get one at any Indian consulate. It cost $50 in the US.

You will have a great time. I did a version on the Star Princess in 2004 from Bangkok to Venice. You have great ports. still never found anyone on my part.

Jeffrey

Hello Catherine, I've just read much the same question you have posted on the P & O site. If you live in the South of England, you can call personally at the Indian High Commission in the Aldwych (Montreal Place entrance) or as Jeffrey says, any of the HC's about Britain. To do it by post means including yout passport(s) which is always a bit worrying. If its handed in during the morning, it shouls be ready that afternoon. Its also a bit cheaper doing it yourselve. Good luck, Jimmy

Thanks jig & haggis,

that makes it a bit clearer!

i actually live in the north so looked up the nearest Indian HC & looks like we'll be poppin down to the 1 in birmingham - as don't like the sound of my passport going walkies!?

Have heard it might only cost me £30!

Fingers crossed ;-)

Catherine x

Archived