luggage question vancouver

lablvr

I thought I might could save some money by flying out of Seattle instead of Vancouver especially since Radiance comes in to port early. I could even visit Vancouver for most of the day and still get the Amtrak train out around 6PM to Seattle. Overnight in Seattle for a noonish flight out and save the $$$ of an overnight in Vancouver. BUT..what in the world can I do with the luggage all day in Vancouver?:confused:

This was 2 years ago, but for a small fee our bags were stored at the train station. I can't remember how much it cost, but I'm sure it was minimal. We were travelling as a large group, and had bus transportation from the cruise terminal to the train station, checked our luggage, and then did our sight seeing from there. You'll love the train, the ride back to Seattle was at night of course, but the ride to Vancouver was definately a trip highlight for us. Be sure to reserve your seat on the left side of the train, that's oceanview heading north.

Hi, I am researching a future trip. I would be taking the train into Seattle and then a bus onto Vancouver. If I was to take the Radiance, how early does the ship get into port. I have a lot to figure out before I can book a Radiance b2b in 2008. I Do not fly so I would be taking amtrak into Seattle. Thanks

Amtrak has been very prompt in responding to my questions through email. This is the reply I got about checking luggage early in the day for a 6PM train.

"It depends on what day you will be travelling, the baggage counter at the Vancouver BC station is only available on Sunday, Tuesday and Friday mornings from 8:00 am until 5:30 pm the other days of the week the baggage counter is available 4:30 pm to 5:30 pm. You can pre check your baggage on the mornings mentioned above."

Archived