*~"Meet-up" Time for Teen Girls?~*

raina*faith

Okay, I don't have any teen girls, but I'd sure want to keep closer track of them than two meetings a day. IMO you should have a pretty clear idea of where they are at all times. That doesn't mean you have to be peering over their shoulder, but just communicate, have several check-in times, and perhaps just happen to saunter by where they are supposed to be. without being too obvious. Things can happen anywhere, and a cruise is no exception--better safe than sorry!

I have teen & tween girls. At the time of our last cruise they were 13 11 and 9. (this time around: 14, 12 & 10)

They were not allowed to roam the ship alone. They either had to be with each other or a friend at the least. Groups were preferred!

They were NOT allowed in anyone elses cabin!

Before the cruise we told them they had to meet us for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Once on the ship we realized just dinner was ok. They would stay until 1am in the club and sleep late. DH and I are early risers so unless it was a port day and we needed to get off early we let them sleep in.

Most of the time we ran into them at lunch. They were having such a good time DH and I took advantage and had some good together time! It was nice to be on vacation without kids whining about how bored they are or not having anyone to hang out with!!! They had a blast! We had a blast! We did shore excursions together and caught a few shows together but most of the time they CHOSE to hang in the club! This was on RCCL and I hope NCL's club can compare!

Dinner was great because we all had soooo much to talk about!

I don't know your kids and only you know how responsible etc they are. If you feel they can handle a little freedom then give it.

Have a great cruise!

~Connie

Archived