San Juan: Port of call question.

Be Good

How close is San Juan Airport to where Carnival Destiny leaves?

Should we take a taxi, or walk?

Welcome to the boards as I see you're fairly new to posting.... :) Just an FYI, that you posted a "Ports of Call" question in the Carnival boards instead of the Ports of Call boards, so the question/thread will be moved shortly to the appropriate place.

You cannot walk from the airport to the pier, it's about 25 minutes away, or about 45 in traffic- depending on when your flight arrives.

There is a main Destiny Cruisers thread you can find by using the search feature at the top of the page and try "Destiny." It's usually on the first 5 pages or so. The Ports of call boards are a fantastic tool for booking excursions and pre/post cruise stays.

Feel free to view my pictures and read my review in my signature link as well....

Once again- WELCOME!!!! :)

Welcome to the boards as I see you're fairly new to posting.... :) Just an FYI, that you posted a "Ports of Call" question in the Carnival boards instead of the Ports of Call boards, so the question/thread will be moved shortly to the appropriate place.

You cannot walk from the airport to the pier, it's about 25 minutes away, or about 45 in traffic- depending on when your flight arrives.

There is a main Destiny Cruisers thread you can find by using the search feature at the top of the page and try "Destiny." It's usually on the first 5 pages or so. The Ports of call boards are a fantastic tool for booking excursions and pre/post cruise stays.

Feel free to view my pictures and read my review in my signature link as well....

Once again- WELCOME!!!! :)

Thanks for the info. I had relized there was a seperate port of call forum after i posted this. My flight arives at 1 a.m. So we will have no traffic then I assume.

Also my flight arrives at 1 am, and we're not going to bother to get a hotel, what do you suggest we do. Sleep in the airport for a couple hours ,then take a taxi to where the ship is leaving in the morning?

Thanks for the info. I had relized there was a seperate port of call forum after i posted this. My flight arives at 1 a.m. So we will have no traffic then I assume.

Also my flight arrives at 1 am, and we're not going to bother to get a hotel, what do you suggest we do. Sleep in the airport for a couple hours ,then take a taxi to where the ship is leaving in the morning?

We didn't make it up too late, but San Juan has lots of disco's, etc. that stay open VERY late.... If you're up to that after your flight. You can get to the pier as early as you'd like, but they may not let you into the terminal building until around 11am. We arrived at 10:45am and had a short wait before they'd start the process. You might want to consider getting a "budget" type room just to get a few hours of sleep though. Check on Priceline.com if you're interested. There shouldn't be much traffic at your flight times either :)

PS- looks like they've moved this thread while I was typing.... We have wonderful moderators/hosts on this message board.... Keep up the great help guys!

Archived