Special offers for Cunard Virgins ??

oldsilverfox

Hi, We are doing our first Cunard / Carnival Group trip on the QM2 in September, having been with Celebrity / RCCL up to now.

My question is, whilst you are on board does Cunard offer any special deals on your future cruises, and are they really worthwhile, or just the normal "smoke and mirror" offers which you can get from your TA later on at a more attractive price.

Also has anyone ever tacked an additional week on board or would this melt the Carnival reservations IT system ?? I was thinking about the flights if they are already included.

Regards

Oldsilverfox.

Hi, We are doing our first Cunard / Carnival Group trip on the QM2 in September, having been with Celebrity / RCCL up to now. the on board offers are no real bargain at least i dont think so!!

My question is, whilst you are on board does Cunard offer any special deals on your future cruises, and are they really worthwhile, or just the normal "smoke and mirror" offers which you can get from your TA later on at a more attractive price.

Also has anyone ever tacked an additional week on board or would this melt the Carnival reservations IT system ?? I was thinking about the flights if they are already included.

Regards

Oldsilverfox.

the on board discounts are no real bargain maybe 5 or 10% the best fares come

after 1 trip on cunard you will become a worldclub member and from time to time you will recieve special discounts via brochures or emails. the latest offer was $799 for a 7 day cruise inside cabin with a free upgrade to a balcony, prrincess grill on the same cruise was $ 1,999.00 and the queens grill was $ 2,999. I consider these some really great prices and although we were not planning on booking a cruise this year we did anyway because the prices were real bargains. I hope you enjoy yourcruise it it truly a beautifull ship. bonvoyage

It is very rare now that any ship would have reduced rate space available one week out (eg.. the next sailing). If there were, there would be a problem with the air whether you were using cruiseline air or your own.

As far as onboard bookings for future cruises, there is a small (very small) discount. If your agent who booked your initial cruise has group space on your new booking, your reservation will be placed into that group and you are quoted your agent's group rate, less the small onboard booking discount.

The on board discounts are no real bargain maybe 5 or 10%

Yes, but we booked on board for Christmas. We got the 10% discount they offered for that and we got an additional 10% from our TA. Not to mention the USD 600 on board credit.

I'd agree with Babette though - if you can get your TA's group space that would be cheaper still.

Archived