World Series Question

gotta love all the new "curses" that have been mentioned in the past few years... I've heard of a curse of Moose, of A-Rod, and lots more... funny how everyone knows it's just not natural for the Yankees to go a whole 5 years without a World Series ring... how long do the other teams go in between rings?

Go New York (and no, I don't mean that team that's celebrating the 20th anniversary of its last great season)!

Go New York (and no, I don't mean that team that's celebrating the 20th anniversary of its last great season)!

By this comment and reference to the '86 Mets World Series Champions (if ever there was a deliciously evil pleasure in seeing the curse strike the Sox, that was the year, cripes, the Shea Stadium scoreboard had already congratulated the Red Sox for winning the World Series), I take that to mean that anything short of a World Series Championship is not a great season, since the Mets have had two seasons that ended with LEague Championship series defeats and a world series appearance since that "last great season". By that reasoning, then, the Yankees' last great year was 2000.

By this comment and reference to the '86 Mets World Series Champions (if ever there was a deliciously evil pleasure in seeing the curse strike the Sox, that was the year, cripes, the Shea Stadium scoreboard had already congratulated the Red Sox for winning the World Series), I take that to mean that anything short of a World Series Championship is not a great season, since the Mets have had two seasons that ended with LEague Championship series defeats and a world series appearance since that "last great season". By that reasoning, then, the Yankees' last great year was 2000.

We can live with that. ;) :D

The Mets, not the Yankees huh......I will remind you that back in the 80's a little phrase started in St. Louis; does anyone remember "the Mets are pond scum". Letterman even did a skit about this..LOL!

You could have another subway series. Better chance of that than another I-70 series...Are the Royals even in the standings?

Who are the Royals and where do they play????

hehehehe

J/K

No, actually this is Grandpa's 93rd Birthday cruise. Besides being a die hard baseball fan, he has been a METS fan since a few years after the Dodgers left Brooklyn. Actually, we were looking for a Subway Series! ;)

We are on the Explorer cruise Oct 20th also...was getting nervous about a ship full of yankee fans!

If my beloved Red Sox don't make it this year, and it is not looking particularly good today, I would like to see Detroit...Mets would be fine too...just NOT the Yankees!:p

I'm sorry. I'm sorry. Whatcha got in mind???? :D

Well, how about I let you come see the Tigers in the playoffs with me? I'd even buy you a hotdog with mustard!;) Or...umm...maybe I will...wait, are you booked on Mustard's maiden voyage yet? I could be real persuasive at sea;) :p :D

We are on the Explorer cruise Oct 20th also...was getting nervous about a ship full of yankee fans!

If my beloved Red Sox don't make it this year, and it is not looking particularly good today, I would like to see Detroit...Mets would be fine too...just NOT the Yankees!:p

Ditto!! I'd like to say that while I don't follow the Red Sox very closely, they've played stellar in this series with Detroit. The only reason they haven't won yet is because we have been too! I was ultra impressed with Schilling (sp?) last night! Wow!!:)

Ditto!! I'd like to say that while I don't follow the Red Sox very closely, they've played stellar in this series with Detroit. The only reason they haven't won yet is because we have been too! I was ultra impressed with Schilling (sp?) last night! Wow!!:)

Yeah, you guys decide to turn it around when you come to town. Wily Mo made an error, Schilling is always money. Just saw him pitch against the A's last month. That was fun. Beckett needs to get his stuff back. First 13 game winner in the league and now he hasn't won in forever. The Tigers are having a great season. Good luck.

Sorry, no MOS for me. Doing Disney then have Freedom booked for 08.

Maybe the ship will show "This Week In Baseball" and during the segment where they show the goofy plays of the week, you can see AROD making 16 errors. Do they show Yankee replays on the YES Network (or as I like to call it Al-Yankzerra)

I'll be on the Mariner during the World Series, and I expect to see Billy Wagner on the mound trying to figure out if he wants to give up a walk off homer the Big Papi, or walk him and let Manny take him yard.

If anyone has any Mets fans around the office, just mention the name Scott Kazmir...they hate that.

(WOW, I was able to bash the Yankees AND the Mets in the same post...pretty good)

Gets by BUCKNER!!!!!!!!!!

And the METS WIN IT!!!!!!

Ohhh I coulda pitched thru that blister.... Roger Clemens

I'm not a scared....... Calvin Schiraldi

I didn't play one game in NY, I wonder why??? That's right they don't play softball rules in the NL. Don Baylor

Here's a couple of names they dont like around yawkey way....aaron boone and bucky dent ;)

And here is the ONLY baseball team to blow a 3 - Zip lead in a playoff......

THHHHHUUUUUUHHHHHH YYYYAAANNNNKKKEEEESSSSSS LLLLOOOOSSSSEEEEEE!!!!!

THHHHUUUHHHH YYYYYAAANNNNKKKEEEESSSS LLLOOOSSSSEEEE!!!!!!

Biggest baddest choke of all time bar none without exception!

26 worlds championships in the crapper with that one choke.

Especially against the RED SAWX!

Ruth, The Iron Man, DiMaggio and Mantle all rolling in thier collective graves still over that one!

Well, how about I let you come see the Tigers in the playoffs with me? I'd even buy you a hotdog with mustard!;) Or...umm...maybe I will...wait, are you booked on Mustard's maiden voyage yet? I could be real persuasive at sea;) :p :D

The Tigers?????

Are Tom Selleck and Kevin Costner still playing for them???

gotta love all the new "curses" that have been mentioned in the past few years... I've heard of a curse of Moose, of A-Rod, and lots more... funny how everyone knows it's just not natural for the Yankees to go a whole 5 years without a World Series ring... how long do the other teams go in between rings?

NYY will not win for a long, long time.

Get used to it.

The 20th century is over.

The NYY are oh for 5 in this century!

Logan1, I liked the curse too ;) .

After years of sighing over my husband's baseball addiction, I sat down to watch with him during inning 7 of game 3 of the 96 World Series. It was exciting enough that I rejoined him the following evening, when Jim Leyritz turned me into a baseball fan :) .

Another Subway Series would be great. They won't even need to redesign shirts, except for changing the year, since the outcome will be the same :D .

I doubt that very very much!

Mets will trump up the e-rods!

If the e-rods even get that far!

let me just inform everyone of something i saw on mike and the mad dog this afternoon.....

since july 4 the yankees are 21-7...while the red sucks.....i mean red sox are 15-14....

anyone else hear that?? i hear the red sucks falling apart. LOL

all this without matsui and sheffield....

and as for magilla gorilla(BIG PAPI).....he just needs some sweet chin music...

Yanquis playing that farm team schedule still yet???

Do they show Yankee replays on the YES Network (or as I like to call it Al-Yankzerra)

HA! I just noticed this comment as I was reading through the email updates I got. I love it. Al-Yankzerra! I'm totally going to have to use this on my friends that are Yankee fans. Especially next week when I am going to not one, but two games at Shea with a die-hard Yankee friend of mine. (Ssshhh...don't tell anyone though I was at Yankee Stadium last weekend and will be there again in September for the die-hard Yankee fan's birthday. Can't let it get out too much that I've been in enemy territory! aargh!)

• 1 month later...
Yes, there will be many great places to watch the Red Sox in the Series this year. have a great time!! :D :D :D

I love to tweak the Wog. I hear the Yankees and the Red Sox are playing today...playing golf, that is. And not to leave out the team whose season tix I 've had for 14 years now (this being the first one w/o October tickets), the Braves probably helped the Yankees and Red Sox secure tee-times.

Hey Wog, I'm even cruising in January again--c'mon, plenty of availability, sign up and join in!!:p

Archived