Ocho Rios ATV adventure review

lyttleone1977

This tour was done through Carnival with Chukka Cove Adventure Tours. The morning started by getting in line for each tour operator. Everyone on my tour was crammed into this tiny little busy. On the way to Chukka Cove we were given the tour of what was what (the place where a scene from Dr. No was filmed at) and different places. Once we arrived at Chukka Cove we were asked to sit and wait for our guides. We got to watch the horse back riding group get their lesson before they took off. The we were walked to where the ATV’s are kept. We got a lesson on how to run them (very simple), and then did a little practice. Then we began out 2 mile trek up a mountain. We went to the home of a mortician (I know sounds gross), but this place was incredible. We spent a little time in this pavilion, had our pictures taken with the ocean in the background and next to a small pool of water. Then we went back down the mountain, drove through a dry river bed, and then went to the ocean. We had the opportunity to take a dip if we wanted but we all passed. Then we went back to the bar and relaxed. They have a gift shop and a food bar. You also have an opportunity to purchase pictures and video of the excursion, which I did. Cost me $25. After that the driver took those that wanted to go back to the pier there, then the rest of us to Dunn’ River Falls. It cost $10 a piece for him to take us to the falls and pick us up. It was another $15 to get into the falls, $5 for water shoes and another $5 for locker rental. I had enough time to climb up half of the falls, which was quiet a climb. I highly enjoyed my excursion. I have to recommend Chukka Cove to everyone. They offer horseback riding, bicycling, and ATV, plus I am sure they offer more. It’s a great way to see Jamaica!

Archived