Mariner To alaska

gladiola

I am considering a cruise to alaska on Mariner, as a solo traveler. Has anyone seen many or any single cruisers on this ship? Do they eat alone or are they able to eat with others. I'm used to traveling on bigger ships alone, and you don't feel awkward at all. Any comments would be appreciated. I've been on a cruise to Alaska before and it was my favorite. I would like to do it again on a smaller ship, in a more relaxed manner. Thank you

On Mariner to Alaska earlier this year, there were several single people of varying ages, both male and female.

I saw them eating alone and also being taken and introduced to other tables with perhaps four five or six people sitting. They just mentioned their preference when being seated.

It was a wonderful cruise and I hope you enjoy it on Mariner as much as I did.

You do mention your preference when entering the dining room if you wish to eat with others. They also have gatherings for solo travelers right from the first night of the cruise in a lounge before dinner. An invitation may even be in your suite, but if not, check Passages and you will see the time and place.

The dance hosts seem to be in charge of taking care of solo passengers!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm on my own to Alaska on Mariner next month. It's my first Alaska cruise, but I've travelled solo on Regent, Silversea, and Crystal, among others. I've always felt comfortable either dining on my own or asking the maitre d' to seat me at a more populated table, depending on my preferences for that meal. One of the nice things about a line like RSSC is that the service is so good that they are sensitive to making sure that you have the amount of attention with which you are comfortable, even though the total population base is much smaller than on the "mega-liners". For me, it's been easier on a smaller ship to run into and socialize with people with whom I have had dinner or shared excursions, even though the initial contact was random.

Archived