Coupon Book

nrgo

I was checking out the cruises at bestpricecruises.com (a website that was recommended by someone on this board) and they are advertising a $300 on-board coupon booklet with any Carnival cruise booked online. Does anyone know about these coupon books??? I am already book for a cruise, but i booked it directly through Carnival. I wonder if they will give me a coupon book if i mention this special i saw?? I dunno. What do you guys think ?

Sorry to tell you, but that coupon book is filled with things you will already get complimentary on Carnival ships.:rolleyes: It's just another promo by the online agencies, has nothing to do w/Carnival itself. For instance, one coupon says "Free champagne and art print for attending art auction." Nobody needs a coupon to get the champagne at the auction - it's always comp, as well as the small print they give you. Also coupons for free golf lesson on the ship, and lots of other stuff that MAY be worth $10. ??? So, don't worry that you don't have the coupon book.:)

Thank you for putting my mind at ease ! I will be able to sleep tonight ;)

I just didn't want to miss out on anything else free. I didn't know they had art auctions... Do they do this on every cruise?? Postcards are probably as artsy as i'm going to get...

Yep, art auctions on every cruise. The time and day(s) will be listed in your "Capers" newsletter. It's really kinda nice. They serve champagne, you wander through the gallery, sign up to bid on something if you'd like to, sit and watch the bidding, have more champagne, or just wander on out the door. :D

Postcards...You're in luck! You can get all the ship's postcards you want at no charge from the pursers's desk.;)

I still have my coupon book from the Glory; we didn't use any of them. Here's what's in it:

Art Auction - "Free Work of Art" (Receive your choice of a free seriolithograph)

Photos - Receive 4 free wallet size photos with the purchase of an 8x10 portrait

Walkie-Talkies - Rent a pair of Motorola two-way radios for the length of your cruise and receive a 3rd rental radio of equal or lesser value at no charge

Golf - Rent a set of Callaway clubs and receive a 2nd rental set of equal or lesser value free

Golf - Buy a private, 1 hour video golf lesson and receive a complimentary 15-minute swing check

Shore Excursions - Save 10% on the 2nd shore excursion in the same port

Cigar Bar - Purchase any "XO" Cognac and receive a complimentary Astral "Lujos" cigar

Ocean Players Club - Sign up for the Ocean Players Club and receive your first 500 Ocean Tokens on the house

Spa - 20% selected Spa Therapies while the ship is in port

Internet Cafe - Buy Internet Time Package Plan #1 and receive an additional 5 minutes free OR Buy Internet Time Package Plan #2 and receive an additional 10 minutes free

Formalities - Receive a complimentary brocaded vest upgrade with any tuxedo rental

Wine - 10% off your second bottle of wine

Bar Recipes Book - Purchase a Carnival Cookbook and receive the Carnival Bar Recipes Book free

Frozen Drink - Buy any frozen drink and receive a free Carnival Souvenir Glass

As you can see, these are all very exciting offers . . . what was I thinking not using any of them?? :rolleyes: Actually, I probably could have used the 10% off a second bottle of wine, but I didn't think to ask if they'd hold the second bottle until the next night.

How funny!! Yea, i don't think i'm missing much ! What are ocean tokens ??? That is the only thing that looks of interest. The art auction sounds like a relaxing time. We will have to check it out. Do you need to dress up or can you come as you are??

Glad to hear you can get all the postcards you need (free no less)!!!

I want to try and mail some to my kids while we are in port. Also like to have some for my scrapbook.

The auction is come as you are - we went in shorts and tanks and just relaxed enjoying the free champagne. We also were lucky and won a beautiful print in the raffle they have. There were 4 on our cruise and we got the free print at each of them (although you have to stay to the end to receive it)

Archived