****Live from the Grand Princess****

T&J

Just found the thread and had to start to the beginning of the second cruise for you all.

I am impressed of the rental car things that you did in Italy. It looks like you had a reservation for the car. Was it automatic? Could you ask for that.

We are doing a smiliar trip next year on Regent- Radisson and gettting some tips from you especially since we begin our cruise in Athens.

Enjoying your posts. Do you have a laptop or just using their desktops in the cafe?

Jan

Just wanted to say I love your live reports - I did one from the Norw. Spirit this year. I truly hope you guys get a nice upgrade to a beautiful suite. You sound just like me - it seems you can have fun as long as you are on a ship. I usually go 3 - 4 times a year and always have a good time. The QM2 is my favorite. Enjoy your second 1/2 of the cruise

Your loyal fan,

Dave from New Jersey

I am glad that you are enjoying our posts as we are enjoying our cruise.

Tony and Javier

:cool: :eek: :cool:

Just found the thread and had to start to the beginning of the second cruise for you all.

I am impressed of the rental car things that you did in Italy. It looks like you had a reservation for the car. Was it automatic? Could you ask for that.

We are doing a smiliar trip next year on Regent- Radisson and gettting some tips from you especially since we begin our cruise in Athens.

Enjoying your posts. Do you have a laptop or just using their desktops in the cafe?

Jan

No the car was stick (standard) as are most cars in Europe...we rented from Hertz. I am on this cruise using the internet cafe onboard for all my postings.

Tony and Javier

Just came back from dinner and Javier is going to one of the production shows and I plan on going to the "office" as well. Tonight was the first Formal Night and a lot of people did not dress appropriately at all or didn't bother participating. We had people in jeans and t-shirts in the Da Vinci Dinning Room. The new Maitre'D Giorgio is very nice and came by our table tonight and chatted a little. He also made us a special Mushroom Risotto which was amazing.

We arrive tomorrow morning in Dubrovnik, Croatia at 8:00am tomorrow and depart at 5:00pm. The plan is for Sharon too meet us for breakfast at 7:30am and hopefully be off early at 8:30am to make the most of our full day in port.

More to follow later from the Grand Princess.

Tony and Javier

We arrive tomorrow morning in Dubrovnik, Croatia at 8:00am tomorrow and depart at 5:00pm. The plan is for Sharon too meet us for breakfast at 7:30am and hopefully be off early at 8:30am to make the most of our full day in port

Hmmmmmmmmmmm..........wonder if there's a Starbucks in Croatia. :D

Arlene

Hi Tony -

Have a great day in Croatia! The ports on your b2b are a little different than the ones we are going to... that is not one port we go to. Do you stop in Corfu - I am interested to hear what your plans for that port are if you do go there. I am pretty much decided on what to do (and even more imortantant) how to do it other than Corfu.

It seems like you have made great friends with the maitre d' - did you know him from a previous cruise? We have anytime dining as well.

Arlene - where do you live in Boynton Beach. My mom and I are going on this cruise together next week and she lives in Palm Isle in Boynton Beach.

Thanks again Tony - Have fun at the office!

Lynn

Hi Tony -

Have a great day in Croatia! The ports on your b2b are a little different than the ones we are going to... that is not one port we go to. Do you stop in Corfu - I am interested to hear what your plans for that port are if you do go there. I am pretty much decided on what to do (and even more imortantant) how to do it other than Corfu.

It seems like you have made great friends with the maitre d' - did you know him from a previous cruise? We have anytime dining as well.

Arlene - where do you live in Boynton Beach. My mom and I are going on this cruise together next week and she lives in Palm Isle in Boynton Beach.

Thanks again Tony - Have fun at the office!

Lynn

Lynn:

Yes our next stop is Corfu after today in Dubrovnik. We plan thus far on going into Corfu touring old town pretty much, might even rent scooters! Both Maitre'D 's I did not kow before or sailed with before either.

Tony and Javier

tony, what time are you leaving dubrovnik? I can't stay awake long enough to watch you sail in and I'd like to get a glimpse of coast. rather see kotor but I'll settle. :)

hope you have good day there..

anno

Anno we will be getting into Dubrovnik in approx. 1 hours time and we set sail at 5:00pm local time. You might be able to catch now a glimpse of the approaching coastline on the cruise cam?

Tony and Javier

Good Morning from the Grand Princess...

The seas last night were very calm as most times in the Med and fell asleep like a rock!

We are about to dock shortly in Dubrovnik. Today we plan on visiting some of the sights I am listing below. There is a lot to do in this medevil city that is surrounded by stone walls.

Pile Gate, the Church of Saint Blaise, Orlando's Tower, the Sponz Palace and the Stadun ( also called the Placa, the main street of the old city).

The weather today looks to be gorgeous again and very sunny and a high of 85F.

We plan on being ashore for most of the morning and early afternoon.

More to follow later today from the Grand Princess.

Tony and Javier

Anno we will be getting into Dubrovnik in approx. 1 hours time and we set sail at 5:00pm local time. You might be able to catch now a glimpse of the approaching coastline on the cruise cam?

Tony and Javier

I did not succeed at going to bed yet (I will not be happy in the AM), and indeed.. I do see land. I will attempt to see it again tomorrow as well. 5pm local time will be.. 11am. yes.. I'll attempt to be sitting by to watch. have a great day. :)

anno

I did not succeed at going to bed yet (I will not be happy in the AM), and indeed.. I do see land. I will attempt to see it again tomorrow as well. 5pm local time will be.. 11am. yes.. I'll attempt to be sitting by to watch. have a great day. :)

anno

Anno...yes if you are on the East Coast we are currently 6 hours ahead of you and as of tomorrow we will be 7 hours ahead.

Tony

Hi Tony:

I have 3 grandchildren who really love Gold Chains. do you have an opinion as to whether there are any buys on Items like these. if so which port we are on the November cruise from Bangkok to Beijing. or are prices similar to USA & Canada?

Thankyou ,still enjoying your posts

Jean

Hi Tony:

I have 3 grandchildren who really love Gold Chains. do you have an opinion as to whether there are any buys on Items like these. if so which port we are on the November cruise from Bangkok to Beijing. or are prices similar to USA & Canada?

Thankyou ,still enjoying your posts

Jean

Gold chains are cheap in Shanghai and Hong Kong and also in Singapore....but you need to kow how to tell the difference in the quality. Prices are much cheaper than in the USA and Canada. Also believe it or not very fine Gold Jewelery can be had in Nha Trang of all places...some beautifull pieces I remember from there as well.

Tony from ashore in Dubrovnik, Croatia. More to follow when I return onboard the Grand Princess later this afternoon.

Tony and Javier

We just came back a couple of minutes ago from ashore. Let me first say that I now remember Dubrovnik after leaving the ship this morning from my cruise two years ago. It is very small to begin with and lots of crowds to contend with as well. The Windstar was docked at the same time as us. If you are adventurous as us, you can walk into to town which is approx. 45 minutes in each direction. Since we left just shortly after 8:00am it wasn't too hot at that point.

The ship offers a shuttle service at a cost of 10 euros per person roundtrip and leaves the dock every 20-30 minutes and drops you off at the main gates of Dubrovnik. Remember to bring photo ID with you as the port authorities actually do ask to see it going out and coming back in as well.

The walk if you choose is up and down some hills going into the town...we loved coming back since it was mostly downhill!

We did end up visiting all the points of interests that we wanted to see:

Pile Gate, the Church of Saint Blaise, Orlando's Tower, the Sponz Palace and the Stadun ( also called the Placa, the main street of the old city).

We've now come back onboard a little sunburnt (we'll me) because I did not put on any sunblocker....BIG mistake! The sun was very intense here as well as pretty much all over the Med on the last cruise.

We have a revised port departure of 6:00pm instead of 5:00pm.

I plan on going to the gym early this afternoon and getting that out of the way before dinner tonight.

More to follow later today from the Grand Princess.

Tony and Javier

Lynn

Close, Lynn. We are currently in Valencia Lakes, but have a new home in Valencia Pointe. Nothing like owning two houses. Ha! Tough real estate market at present time.

Arlene

Close, Lynn. We are currently in Valencia Lakes, but have a new home in Valencia Pointe. Nothing like owning two houses. Ha! Tough real estate market at present time.

Arlene

Oh BTW, no Starbucks in Dubrovnik!:mad:

Tony and Javier

Hi Tony... did you walk the wall? The views are spectacular and the walk is fairly easy. So sorry the you're sunburned... next time use that sunblock!

Have you heard about Pizza Pete's in Corfu? It's the best but not that easy to find. Ask for directions, it's a couple of blocks from the city center, along the coastline... with great views and great food. Be sure to sit outside under the awning, on the other side of the road from the main restaurant. Their Greek food is nothing short of amazing!

Sandy

Hi Tony... did you walk the wall? The views are spectacular and the walk is fairly easy. So sorry the you're sunburned... next time use that sunblock!

Have you heard about Pizza Pete's in Corfu? It's the best but not that easy to find. Ask for directions, it's a couple of blocks from the city center, along the coastline... with great views and great food. Be sure to sit outside under the awning, on the other side of the road from the main restaurant. Their Greek food is nothing short of amazing!

Sandy

Sandy ...forgot to add taht we did walk the wall as well around Dubrovnik...amazing views from a top. Also the views were amazing walking down the hill as we were getting closer to Dunbrovnik and seeing the stunning coastlines. We didn't have time to go and check out the beach but there is a really gorgeous beach nearby as well.

As for Corfu, I have never heard of Pizza Pete's...thanks for the recommendation; maybe we will try and find it tomorrow.

Tony and Javier

Here's the run down on the Entertainment onboard tonight....

Princess Theatre: Princess Showtime with Live Wire

M.U.T.S.: RV, starring Robin Williams and Cheryl Hines

Wheelhouse Bar: Tito Cruz quartet and the Prestigio Quartet

Explorers Lounge: Los Paisanos, Voltz and after 9:45pm 70's Disco night

Vista Lounge: Spolight Cabaret Showtime

Promenade Lounge: Paul Burton

Skwalkers Nightclub: Late Night Dance Party

and then there is always the "office":D

Tony and Javier

Just came back from another great dinner tonight...we are all just stuffed!

Javier and Sharon ar thing about going to the M.U.T.S. and I am going to go to the "office" in a little while. It won't be a late night for all since we have a full day planned for tomorrow in Corfu.

We arrive tomorrow morning in Corfu, Greece at 8:00am and depart at 5:00pm. We have a car rented for the whole day tomorrow to tour around also we will be going to Old Town Corfu as well.

More to follow early tomorrow morning from the Grand Princess.

Tony and Javier

Archived