Sea Kayaking and Bicycle Tours

eden

Are booked on the Maasdam next week and am wondering which are the best places for sea kayaking and bicycling shore excursions.There is sea kayaking offered at Halifax,Charlottetown and Bar Harbor. Bicycle Tours are at Quebec City,Charlottetown and Bar Harbor.Also has anyone gone white water rafting in Quebec?

Any comments appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

Last summer we were on the Maasdam for a New England cruise, and we enjoyed it immensely. I hope you have as much fun as we did. We took the bicycling tour on PEI (Charlottetown). It was flat, and very, very easy. Our then 11 year old had no trouble, and led the pack, though the excursion form claims they have to be 12. At Bar Harbor we took a bus tour of Arcadia park. If you are a cyclist it might be fun, but from our bus tour it was quite hilly. Though I must admit, I wish I was out of the bus biking or hiking or something. It was beautiful.

Our table mates went white water rafting in Quebec. The 13 year old boy thought it was fantastic. His 70 something grandfather thought it was great fun, and very exciting, but quite exhausting.

Archived