shark ray ally in Belize

Cougardave

Has anyone gone on this tour before? Is it a good trip? What company did you use?

Check the port forum for Belize, yes even if you are on a Carnival Cruise...

tons of good info there, and if you lose this post, that is most likely where it will show up;)

• 3 weeks later...

We just did this tour with Coral Breezes Limited. It was by far the best excursion we've ever done. There were 16 of us and we can't stop talking about it. The boat, the service, the crew, the lunch were all fantastic.

Their link is http://www.coralbreezelimited.com/

We booked the tour that included lunch. The lunch is pre-ordered and waiting for you when you get to Caye Caulker. This saves valuable time. After we ate, we had time to rent 4 golf carts for an hour and tool around the island. ($10 per cart/per hour) This was arranged by our guide.

The snorkeling was fantastic and we all felt very safe and comfortable. There were three guides in the water to assist.

We were back to Belize City in plenty of time. We had an hour and a half before the last tender to the ship.

Hoping we get a chance to go back to Belize and if we do, we will do this tour again with this company in a heartbeat.

Enjoy!

Does anyone know if you can get to Shark Ray Alley without a tour?? We were planning on just taking the water taxi over to Caye caulker and doing our thing on our own. However, Shark ray alley sounds cool and if possible we would love to check it out. However, we are not tour/excursion people.

Thanks!

cptnkirky,

The tour with Coral Breeze/Hammerhead, was not a large tour. There were maybe 30-32 people total. Not all did the Shark/Ray Ally tour. We met at the Wet Lizard for sign-in; got on the boat; went over to Caye Caulker which took about 40 minutes; dropped some people off at Caye Caulker and they submitted our lunch order; went snorkeling for about an hour and a half; back to Caye Caulker for lunch and beach time, then back to Belize City. Some people just stayed at Caye Caulker and some went on a scuba diving tour.

We don't like the massive ship's tours either. In fact, after our experience with a ships tour on Cozumel, I don't think I'll ever book one again.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Enjoy,

Leigh

Leigh, How was the tendering to get off in time for your excursion??

I see there are 3 ships in Belize same day as our cruise in Jan./07:7am,8 and we are 9am. Last Valor cruise it took us quite a while to get off the ship even though we had Tender #3 tickets; I thought we were never going to get off-there were so many Carnival excursions people!!!!! We wanted to do SharkRay excursion with an onshore/port company(long story) but ended up going to Goff's Caye (with another onshore/port company) which was very nice!

What time did you have to meet for your Coralbreeze SharkRay Alley excursion???

Cruisemom2:how much was the excursion through Carnival??

Thanks for your answers!

mayrashkle,

We were on RCCL's Enchantment and tendering was very confusing. No one had the same answer for us. Bottom line was, since we had an Independant Tour, we were to go do the disembarkation level with our tour confirmations and get on the tenders with the RCCL tours. This was done on a space available basis. I think we were the second tender out. Most of our group got on the first tender. (Long story of why we didn't get on first tender. More of a family communication issue, if you get my drift.)

The Cruise Compass AND the Cruise Director both stated that Independant Tour people were to get their tender tickets from the "Art Table" on Deck 6 at 8am. WRONG. Many of us stood in line for nothing. And the people at the front desk had no idea of what we were to do.

My advise is to ask questions from the "disembarkation" people rather than anyone else. They know what's going on.

Overall, tendering was pretty quick. We were only about 10 minutes behind our group.

Have a great time!

Leigh

Archived