Tendering in Belize

Cougardave

We tendered from the Glory at 8 a.m. last week, but we were booked on a ship-sponsored excursion. There were relatively few non-excursion folks waiting in the show lounge that early, so I think they got off relatively quick, but as we got off first, I couldn't be sure.

The tenders are loaded steadily one after another, and each holds approximately fifty passengers.

We were on the Legend in April and the first tender left right on time. It was a 15 minute trip to the shore. We didn't book our excursion with the ship. We used Ecoadventures. Our snorkel boat didn't leave until 9 am Belize time. Also the ship snorkel excursions leave right form the ship, so you have more time at Cay Caulker. We only snorkeled about 1/2 hour at one spot and then we went to another spot with sting rays and sharks for another 15 minutes. We then went onto the cay for lunch. :D

I was on the Miracle last March. It was announced in the diningroom the night before Belize that anyone who had an "independent tour" book for Belize were to meet in the discoteque at 7:00AM tomorrow morning to get their tender tickets.

Unfortunatelt there were several people there in the disco, burt a CCL representative had not yet shown up:-( I was concerned because I was suppose to meet my your guide at 8:00am in the plaza area at the pier, so bolted upstairs to the pursers desk with my tour confirmation print out in hand, explained my situation, and he wrote a note on CCL stationary to give me priority tender service ashore ASAP.

I went back down to the gangway, gave this letter to the security guard, and was put on the first tender:-) Once onboard it only took 15-20 minutes to arrive at the pier (and we were experiencing some rather rough seas that day).

I wouldn't depend on using this method as a means to hope the same will happen. Just wanted to let you know my experience. If you have a history of several cruises with Carnival, this may be in your favor.

In any event . . . you should plan on about 15-20-25 from the time you board the tender to be ashore.

Hope you make your connection, and enjoy Belize.

Annie

We had a private tour and went to the lounge to get our numbers first thing in the morning, we had to wait less than 5 minutes before our number was called and we boarded the tender, the ride was about 15 minutes but it seamed like alot longer, it was large and heald over 100p

although some of the tenders are very small and hold only about 50p.

• 2 weeks later...
I was just wondering how long does it take to tender in to Belize city from the cruise ships. We will be on the Miracle and am trying to figure out if we can catch the 9:00 water taxi to Caye Caulker?

Hi,

I am going too belize in dec, I was wanting too go too the split in goffs caye, but now I'm hearing when you get too belize the locals all come too the ship in their boats and you have to negotiate fees for the transport and too not pay the entire thing so they wait for you or come back for you.

Can you let me know if this has been your experience or if you have heard anything else?

Thanks in advance for any help in this matter.:)

One little tip: if you want to avoid the tender book an excursion with an operator that picks up dirctly from the ship. This Paradise Belize shore excursion is one, I'm sure there are others....

Hi,

I'm going to belize in dec, could you let me know if you can take the tender to land and then go on your own to the split @ goffs caye?

Or do you need to take a hired boat from the ship and how much it should be to take you to the split and pick you up.?

We want to take the Private Beach excursion with CCL. Does the tender take us directly from the ship to Bannister Island, or do we go ashore first. And if they take us direcly to the island and back to the ship, will there be time, and a tender, to take us ashore to see the port...shop...whatever?

Archived