Alaska - 2 kids/2 adults - OV or suite???

bizeebeth

We will be going to Alaska in May 2007 either on the Star or Pearl - still deciding. The oceanview cabins look pretty small. We'll have my husband and myself and our 3 and 5 year olds. Will it be too tight for us in an oceanview? They only allow 3 people it the balcony rooms, so we'd have to go up to a minisuite (AF) to get more room.

Keep in mind. . . we're trying to save money for shore excursions, etc.

If you've put four in a NCL room, let me know how good/bad it is!!

We went on the Conquest in May and were quite pleased with our oceanview cabin for 4 and the Star or Pearl has much smaller OV rooms. . .

Thanks!

My family of 4 cruised on NCL 4 years ago and had an inside cabin. We found it quite suitable (expecially if your trying to save $$) Our kids were 9 and 11 then (my...how times flies..:o ) and we all manged just fine.....

Once the kids are ready for dinner, we just turned on the TV for them, and that kept them out of our hair (litereally:rolleyes: ) while husband and I got gussied up!

We are leaving on August 19th for Alaska (without the kids) so there will be much more room then!!:D

We will be going to Alaska in May 2007 either on the Star or Pearl - still deciding. The oceanview cabins look pretty small. We'll have my husband and myself and our 3 and 5 year olds. Will it be too tight for us in an oceanview? They only allow 3 people it the balcony rooms, so we'd have to go up to a minisuite (AF) to get more room.

Keep in mind. . . we're trying to save money for shore excursions, etc.

If you've put four in a NCL room, let me know how good/bad it is!!

We went on the Conquest in May and were quite pleased with our oceanview cabin for 4 and the Star or Pearl has much smaller OV rooms. . .

Thanks!

How much room do yu really need?

Carnival Conquest OV cabin = 185 sq. ft.

Norwegian Pearl OV cabin = 150-161 sq. ft.

We sailed the Star 7/30 to 8/6. We travelled with two kids 17 & 11. We had the mini-suite. I REALLY enjoyed the balcony. It was especially nice when everyone was either still sleeping or getting ready to go out. There are a few nights that they have BBQ's by the pool. It is really loud and crowded. It was nice to be able to go and enjoy the scenery in your own room.

Take the middle ground ;) How about a standard balcony on the Pearl - like the Jewel there are a number of BBs and BCs that in fact will sleep 4. Check out the deck plan and look for the +. Better then outside with the wall to wall trundle bed. Two lowers, sleeper sofa, and pullman:) The balcony will make a world of difference with 4 in a cabin. Make it your happy place.

Book early these cabins sell out fast or are restricted to 2 or 3 passengers as the ship fllls up

Cabin 9110

• Pullman Bed (1)
  • Crib (1)
  • Duvet (1)
  • Refrigerator (1)
  • Hair Dryer (1)
  • Telephone (1)
  • Safety Deposit Box (1)
  • Television (1)
  • Midship Section (1)
  • Sprinklers (1)
  • Private Balcony (1)
  • Shower (1)
  • Convertible Lower Beds (2)
  • Convertible Single Sofa Bed (1)
  • Oceanview Stateroom (1)
  • Floor to ceiling sliding glass doors (1)
  • Sitting Area (1)
  • Pier aft (1)
  • Balcony Square Footage (38)
  • Cabin Square Footage (167)
  • Internet access (1)
  • Starboard Side (1)
  • Tea and Coffee Maker (1)
  • Connecting Room (9112)
  • Bed Rails (1)

pearl_dp9.gif

Archived