Roll Call: RCCL Radiance of the Seas 12/09/06

JkEw

8 Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise wondering if any other family will be on board? I'll be cruising with my Mom and Dad and maybe my sister.

Does anyone know of a good gay hotel in Ft Lauderdale as I'm coming from the West Coast (Vancouver) and need to arrive a day early, preferably close to the Wilton Manors area.

Thanks,

Jim

8 Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise wondering if any other family will be on board? I'll be cruising with my Mom and Dad and maybe my sister.

Does anyone know of a good gay hotel in Ft Lauderdale as I'm coming from the West Coast (Vancouver) and need to arrive a day early, preferably close to the Wilton Manors area.

Thanks,

Jim

Hi Jim we will be on this cruise and you will love the Radiance, our 4th time. If you are looking for a family hotel just go to the Ft Lauderdale gay web site. (You should know what that is.) if not reply to me with your e-mail and I will send it to you. :-) Should you want a reg hotel the ones next to the ship are good. (Again the Ft Lauderdale web site list them to.) You are only 5 minutes from the airport to the ship or hotels. A cab to the ship is about $10.00. The hotels have a free service from the airport to the hotel and or the ship. Just ask when you book. We should meet for a cocktail when on the ship. Joe

Hi Jim we will be on this cruise and you will love the Radiance, our 4th time. If you are looking for a family hotel just go to the Ft Lauderdale gay web site. (You should know what that is.) if not reply to me with your e-mail and I will send it to you. :-) Should you want a reg hotel the ones next to the ship are good. (Again the Ft Lauderdale web site list them to.) You are only 5 minutes from the airport to the ship or hotels. A cab to the ship is about $10.00. The hotels have a free service from the airport to the hotel and or the ship. Just ask when you book. We should meet for a cocktail when on the ship. Joe

Hi Joe,

I sailed on the Radiance last year and loved the boat, looking forward to this cruise.

I haven't booked a hotel yet, having stayed in a few places down by Sebastian beach I was looking for something a little closer to the Wilton manors area as everything is so spread out in Ft. Lauderdale, getting a cab at night is not a pleasant experience (at least it wasn't for me last year) might just book something close to the port and get a good night sleep.

Would love to meet you guys for a drink.I'll private message you my room # and full name :)

Jim

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Jim sorry it took so long to get back to you. It's been a very busy summer. As far as I know there are no places to stay in Wilton Manors near all the bars. The nearest place would be on NE 26th Street near Rt 1. You could rent a car for the day when you get off the plane and return it the day of your cruise. The car rental place will than bring you to the ship. It would be a lot cheeper than taking a cab to run around in. If you did than you could stay anyplace you wanted.

When are you flying in?

Yes we should meet for a cocktail at The Schonner bar on December 9th at about 7PM.

Joe

Looks like you can't private message someone on these boards? Anyhow I'm in Stateroom Number And Category: 9012/E1

:)

• 2 months later...

Hi Joe,

I now have a friend comng with me. I FINALLY convinced my friend Barry to go on this cruise.

Were no longer in 9012 as we upgraded to Junior Suite so we could have a little more room.

The Schonner bar on December 9th at about 7PM

Works for me :) I'm starting to excited now for this cruise!

Jim & Barry

Archived