Seven Mile Beach -- How Crowded?

jsfein

I will be in port on a Tuesday. The only ships in port that day will be Disney Magic and Carnival Miracle. I am interested in going to Sea Grape beach area. Both cruise ships offer excursions to Sea Grape. Will the beach be packed with cruise passengers? Am I better off going to a different area of Seven Mile Beach?

TIA

A heads up watch out on 7 miles beach..mostly if you go the the far end where there are no people. They have been having trouble with people stealing your stuff. (came on the island for construction and have been stealing instead)They come from the road and take off on bikes.

Make sure you watch your stuff!

A heads up watch out on 7 miles beach..mostly if you go the the far end where there are no people. They have been having trouble with people stealing your stuff. (came on the island for construction and have been stealing instead)They come from the road and take off on bikes.

Make sure you watch your stuff!

We noticed a lot more security at the condo we were staying at (this year). They mentioned that they have a lot of people from elsewhere on the island working construction. We had painters at our building and there were two security officers walking around the place at all times.

Good advice...watch your stuff. :)

I will be in port on a Tuesday. The only ships in port that day will be Disney Magic and Carnival Miracle. I am interested in going to Sea Grape beach area. Both cruise ships offer excursions to Sea Grape. Will the beach be packed with cruise passengers? Am I better off going to a different area of Seven Mile Beach?

TIA

You're very lucky with only three ships in port that day. Personally, I'd grab a cab to Sea Grape or Royal Palms. They both offer about the same things, except Sea Grape has Red Sail Sports which offers water toy rentals...if you're wanting to do that sort of thing. Royal Palms is closer that Sea Grape, but other than that, I don't know if there is much difference.

You can grab a cab. I think it's $5 or so per person each way. We had a rental car, so I don't remember exactly what they charged for cabs, but I am sure someone will come along with the correct cab fee information.

I don't know how crowded it will be since we used the beach in front of our condo, but I can tell you that there were a couple of days that there were nine ships in port and it was a total zoo next door at the Marriott. The place we stayed doesn't rent out chairs like many of the hotels do. And they do tend to pack up.

But all beaches along the 7MB are free. You can plant your towel anywhere you want and enjoy the water. :)

Archived