Independant excursions & tendering??? Conquest

galvezhome

I know alot of people do book indep excursions but how do you do it when you tender, because you dont get off the ship at a certain time, last time we tendered it took awhile. You really dont know exactly what time you'll be on the island. I really really want to go to rum point!!!! Thought about the grandcaymanexcursion.com - jeep excursion sounds really fun or nativeway but $70pp is alittle expensive with 3people. So then i thought about renting a car, to me that sounds alittle scary in a diferent country, driving on the other side, getting lost but it seems alot of people do i read.

Just want some help or feedback should i try to rent or book an excursion? 'Cause i really want to go to rum point- Thanks

Were going on the Conquest 8/27/06 Can we follow somebody to RP lol:p

Your just going to have to get up early, and get an early tender ticket. ;)

BTW, jeep excursions aren't as fun as they sound. You have little or new freedom, and basically get to play follow the leader ... leader ... leader (oops sorry cruise flashback). Also, the driver never gets to see any of the island. :(

Hi,

We sailed to the Cayman Islands in Feb during a school break (not a great idea) My point is, it was very crowded getting off the ship but everything was pretty organized and went pretty fast. We chose to book an excursion to swim with the stingrays. We had heard much about Moby Dick tours and tried it. You sign up via email and they will have your name when you meet them and you will get a $5.00 internet discount off what people pay as a walk up. It was about a 5 minute bus ride in an old school bus (short ride-less than 10 minutes)

Boat trip was great, small group (about 30 people). They had a small bathroom on the boat. You cruise out about 15 minutes to the sandbar while the give you a very comical presentation on stingrays, what you will see, how to act in the water. They had a stuffed stingray to do the demo and it was so funny we vidoe taped it. Since the group is small, it was not crowded around the boat. The guides got in the water and caught the stingrays and brought them to you so it was very personalized. They had a ton of masks, snorkels and fins in various sizes to use if you wished (we brought our own) After that we anchored out over a reef and snorkeled which was great. No rush, you felt like you were with family. A great experience and it cost about $35.00.

www.mobydicktours.com

David-n-Rita

Archived