Idiot Questions

christhree

[quote name='livtojump']
GC - Shame on you girl :D[/QUOTE]
Liv, what? ;) I'm just a 39 year old married chap trapped in the body of a 12 year old. I hate Carnival, but mommy and daddy really like it and I have to go with them. They never have crispy chicken tenders, so I think the food sux. :p

[quote name='GoinCruisin']Liv, what? ;) I'm just a 39 year old married chap trapped in the body of a 12 year old. I hate Carnival, but mommy and daddy really like it and I have to go with them. They never have crispy chicken tenders, so I think the food sux. :p[/QUOTE]
ROFLMAO....good thing I get a new computer by the end of the week. I just spewed coffee "everywhere"!!

[quote name='halos'][color=navy][size=3]You guys are too funny!!!! [/size][/color]:D[/QUOTE]
Well Halos ;) you should have booked the S&S cruise :D

[quote name='halos'][color=teal][size=4] I should have!!![/size][/color] :([/QUOTE]
Maybe you should sign up the the Valor Cruise. We'll let you have a turn milking Bessie, the French cow, PB don't cha know ;)

Believe me Liv,
If I could be signed up on any of those group cruises I would....it's just not feasible at this point in time.. :( ..I am a long way off from a cruise right now. That's why I hang in here. It helps ease the pain.

[quote name='halos']Believe me Liv,
If I could be signed up on any of those group cruises I would....it's just not feasible at this point in time.. :( ..I am a long way off from a cruise right now. That's why I hang in here. It helps ease the pain.

[/QUOTE]
Yeah yeah... (just kidding:D) I read that you were saving for the PC cruise. I want to do one of those so bad and they are not cheap!!

:D :D :D

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3]you guys are killing me im laughing so hard. but yu all know us old stupid idiots get a kick out of dumb things that are boring and moronic. hee-haw, hee-haw. [/size][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][/size][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3]and i need more shots over here :p .[/size][/font]

Christhree, you've been around here how long? Five or six months?? Long enough to know how to get everyone riled up, I guess, but hardly long enough to be tired of "moronic" questions! :rolleyes: I'm sure with your vast cruising experience you'll never have any questions, but if you do, just let us know. Maybe one of the "idiots" can help you out! :p

I have not cruised before and have really learned alot from these boards, even the stupid questions. The ones that drive me crazy are the ones that ask how to get comfort inn phone number, how to get in touch with a hotel, or any of these questions that could be so easily answered with a google search. If they can find these message boards they must have some computer knowledge, right?:confused:

[quote name='livtojump']Yeah yeah... (just kidding:D) I read that you were saving for the PC cruise. I want to do one of those so bad and they are not cheap!![/QUOTE]

Liv,
It's our goal to do this the winter of 2007!!
Our baby goes off to school in fall '06. Fall would be a great time to go (I'd be packing my bags as she wallked out the door for school!) except the weather in those parts, during their 'low' season is rainy. I figured it would be worth it to hang in there until January or February when the weather in Costa Rica and Columbia is better...it will be hot, but the rainfall is like .02 inches a month during the high season as opposed to 8 to 10 inches a month in low season...SO...I have a long wait ahead of me.
My longest cruise was 7 days, so I am REALLY excited about this!! I could be on a ship forever and it wouldn't be long enough.
My oldest daughter went to Costa Rica for 2 weeks as an exchange student. She LOVED it!!! This is why that particular cruise looks good to me, she has me wanting to see Costa Rica SO bad...fortunately, my DH is totally into the whole engineering of the canal and is excited to see the ship go through the locks and all that...so this is perfect for both of us!!

[quote name='halos']Liv,
It's our goal to do this the winter of 2007!!
Our baby goes off to school in fall '06. Fall would be a great time to go (I'd be packing my bags as she wallked out the door for school!) except the weather in those parts, during their 'low' season is rainy. I figured it would be worth it to hang in there until January or February when the weather in Costa Rica and Columbia is better...it will be hot, but the rainfall is like .02 inches a month during the high season as opposed to 8 to 10 inches a month in low season...SO...I have a long wait ahead of me.
My longest cruise was 7 days, so I am REALLY excited about this!! I could be on a ship forever and it wouldn't be long enough.
My oldest daughter went to Costa Rica for 2 weeks as an exchange student. She LOVED it!!! This is why that particular cruise looks good to me, she has me wanting to see Costa Rica SO bad...fortunately, my DH is totally into the whole engineering of the canal and is excited to see the ship go through the locks and all that...so this is perfect for both of us!![/QUOTE]Always good to have goals ;)

You know I think my folks started cruising about the time I went off to college. I'm thinking they didn't want to take me LOL.

My one and only thus far has been a 7 day Western and IMO that is just too short. I'd love to do a repositioning but that takes a lot of planning - they're what....14 to 17 days? I just don't know that I could handle a cruise "that" long *comment drips with sarcasm*:D Also thinking about Carnival's Med cruise but that too will take some planning.

Just curious.....the PC cruise you're planning is it like Miami to PC and return, or is it a repositioning? Folks just did the PC and return and loved it..think it was 10 days and the ship was the Island Princess.

Now.....more stupid questions....

Will CCL provide food and diapers?
Will I miss my cat (or will my cat miss me)?
Will I like the (insert appropriate ship)?
and one of my all time favorites....
Do I need a passport?

How can anyone even think about video games on a cruise? Heck, my girls do that enough at home. This is suppose to be an adventure from the norm. There are too many things to see and do. Who would have the time for video games?

[quote name='livtojump']
Just curious.....the PC cruise you're planning is it like Miami to PC and return, or is it a repositioning? Folks just did the PC and return and loved it..think it was 10 days and the ship was the Island Princess.QUOTE]

Liv,
I'm definitely going to do a reposition. Probably start out on the west coast and then head to Florida. I have found that Southwest airlines will sell one way tickets with no penalty, so it will make the airfare do-able.
The 10 day round trip does not go through the locks...DH wants a full transit. Who am I to argue that???????

As far as stupid questions...I have seen a few too but I won't quote them here....especially since one or two are still on the first two pages here!! Don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. I'm sure I've posted quite a few idiot ones myself!!! The worst was the one from the poster who wanted to know if she'd be balck-balled from the cruise line because she caused a fire with a candle!!!! That was a hoot now wasn't it???? I only mention that because I think we scared her off the boards and don't think she's around to feel hurt by my bringing it up!!

[quote name='halos'][quote name='livtojump']
Just curious.....the PC cruise you're planning is it like Miami to PC and return, or is it a repositioning? Folks just did the PC and return and loved it..think it was 10 days and the ship was the Island Princess.QUOTE]

Liv,
I'm definitely going to do a reposition. Probably start out on the west coast and then head to Florida. I have found that Southwest airlines will sell one way tickets with no penalty, so it will make the airfare do-able.
The 10 day round trip does not go through the locks...DH wants a full transit. Who am I to argue that???????

As far as stupid questions...I have seen a few too but I won't quote them here....especially since one or two are still on the first two pages here!! Don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. I'm sure I've posted quite a few idiot ones myself!!! The worst was the one from the poster who wanted to know if she'd be balck-balled from the cruise line because she caused a fire with a candle!!!! That was a hoot now wasn't it???? I only mention that because I think we scared her off the boards and don't think she's around to feel hurt by my bringing it up!!

[/QUOTE]
Hmmmm....didn't know that about Southwest. I seem to recall my folks saying something about going through the locks and then tooling around in the lake for a while??

LOL.....don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. Yes I do remember that thread and it was certainly a hoot!

[quote name='livtojump']Hmmmm....didn't know that about Southwest. [/QUOTE]

Yeah...just booked a one way from Manchester, NH to Philly for my daughter.
It was only $37!!!
It would have cost me more to drive her that far!!

[quote name='dustyroad'][size=3][color=red]i dont think any question is a moronic question.[/color][/size]
[size=3][color=#ff0000][/color][/size]
[size=3][color=#ff0000]especially since i asked most of them myself before my first cruise. i dont know what i would have done if i had not asked and gotten answers to what was important to me and of value to making my cruise a better one. i say if the question is moronic too you [/color][/size]
[size=3][color=#ff0000][/color][/size]
[size=3][color=#ff0000]PASS IT BY!!!!!![/color][/size]
[size=3][color=#ff0000][/color][/size][/QUOTE]

WHICH SIDE OF THE SHIP DO YOU LOOK OUT OVER TO SEE THE OCEAN?

DOES THE SHIP HAVE CABLE TV?

WHEN YOU FLUSH THE TOILET, WHERE DOES IT GO?

WHEN THE CAPTAIN GOES TO SLEEP, WHO DRIVES THE BOAT?

DOES MY CELL PHONE WORK ON THE SHIP?
CAN I USE MY LAPTOP FOR WIRELESS INTERNET ACCESS?
CAN I RECEIVE FAXES?
ARE THERE ANY FAST FOOD STORES ON THE SHIP? (ANS> NO GO TO rccl)
Why am I taking a vacation?

BnB

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=5][color=red]bnb[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=5][color=#ff0000][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=5][color=#ff0000]as i said. if the question is moronic to YOU pass it by. [/color][/size][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=5][color=#ff0000]i think it is time for the shots to be over with as well as this thread.[/color][/size][/font]

[size=3][color=darkorchid]halos[/color][/size]

[size=3][color=darkorchid][/color][/size]
[size=3][color=darkorchid]only because i have to be at work in the morning at 6AM and then go to my other job after that. i can have a few around 10:30 friday night though :D .[/color][/size]
[size=3][color=darkorchid][/color][/size]
[size=3][color=#9932cc]what flavor are we going to have???????[/color][/size]

Archived