Any Cruise Magazines Worthwhile?

Hblanton

Hi, This is not RSSC specific, but since I've been monitoring the board I thought I'd post here. I hope it isn't a breach of protocol.

Does anyone subscribe to any cruise magagines? Are they interesting, informative, worthwhile?

Thanks.

I've been a subscriber of Cruise Travel for many years; & for the most part it's a good magazine. The articles are very good; but the magazine is "thin" (usually less than 100 pages). Each issue features a "Port of the Month", a "Ship of the Month" & an article entitled "If you only have a day in...". BTW, the magazine is published every 2 months. About a year ago, I subscribed to Porthole Magazine (also published every 2 months). Despite the name, the majority of the issue is NOT about cruises. It is a good size magazine but w/ too much advertising. Those are the only two I know about. I hope your post turns up more cruise based magazines. The more, the better!

• 2 weeks later...

I have tried most of the cruise magazines and find that they tend to be very soft on real facts or explanation of the ships or ports. Once in a while you get a good article on a particular port or a good description of a ship, but not enough to warrant a subscription. That is, in part, why I think cruise message boards are so popular.

BTW, IMO Porthole Magazine used to be the best out there. It was sold a couple of years ago and its focus has changed markedly. For those interested in pure cruising information the old version was good, but now it is hit and miss.

Archived