Here is a Copy of The Bar Set Up List with Prices

shoreguy

Okay - so its best to have your gin waiting in the room. Will they let you bring a bottle of olives and other necessary items to mix with your gin?

Not usually - you can bring mixers (tonic) or purchase a can at the bar. I usually pack a small jar of olives (I am picky) or you can stop by a bar and get some in a glass to keep in the fridge.

On the Majesty, during the spring break cruises, no such deal.. they was charging for all 6 beers, then after they started running out, or at least that was the excuse, the price went up. A can of Fosters, which "was all they had left" for the last 2 days of the cruise was $6 each. Guess they figured they could make more money doing that.

Hello, We Just Returned Fron The Sun 10/29 And I Had A Bar Set Up In My Room And It Was Great. Bacardi Dark And Absolute 1 Liter Is $40.00 That Doesn't Include Set Ups But You Can Bring Sodas Aboard, Donot Expect To Get Any Free Juice Aboard There Is None At The Buffet And Room Service Charges $175 A Tall Glass

If You Go To Breakfast Order An Extra Juice To Take Back To Your Room To Keep In Your Fridge

Anymore Information I Will Be Happy To Help

Marsha

I just recieved this e-mail this morning regarding my cruise on POA on 11/24 and "wow" this has got to be a first, in all the forums I have visited I never heard of this:

Due to Hawaiian Liquor Laws bar set ups (Hard Liquor) are not arranged on the NCL America Ships i.e., Pride of Aloha, Pride of America, & Pride of Hawaii. If you would like order wine or champagne for your cabin as an amenity please contact the reservations department.

Elena Sosa

Pride of Aloha Ship Coordinator

Yet another reason we will avoid NCLA... I just booked our set-up for our Jan 18th cruise on the new PEARL. A couple of quick emails back and forth and all done... quick, painless and one more thing to look forward to :)

Has nothing to do with NCLA -- it's the HAWAIIAN Liquor Laws...:rolleyes:

Okay - so its best to have your gin waiting in the room. Will they let you bring a bottle of olives and other necessary items to mix with your gin?

You can bring any mixers that are not alcoholic.

Lemons, limes, olives you can also bring. Horse radish for bloody marys.

You can order tomato juice/orange juice from room service and store in your fridge for drinks.

Have a wonderful cruise:)

I have tried to email NCL at shipcoordinatordream@ncl.com - email was rejected.

I have phoned many times to be on hold for 20 min plus each time

I emailed a lady whose email address was listed here - she got 3 emails, but never responded./

I finally got though - only to be told I needed to speak to the ship coordinator who works 9-5:rolleyes:

Help! How did you get your bar service booked?

I'm really not that concerned about having Liquor in my room, I think I was just more curious about prices & availability, I'm not that big a drinker, but I do feel it's a shame to spend the amount of money for a penthouse suite and not have access to a bar setup, but Hey, it'll still be cheaper to buy a drink one at a time then pay the exorbinite amount NCL charges per bottle and 3 bucks just to have the steward open it for ya...my biggest concern now would be the weather "clear and sunny hopes for Pride of Aloha" :)

I called and ordered a bar setup and was told that I couldn't bring my own mixers!!! I have always brought Mr. & Mrs. T, Watermelon mix, onions, olives, etc., without a problem. I spoke to Yulexi, the coordinator for the Dawn and she said we're not supposed to bring anything on board, even water. First I've ever heard of that. I was able to order 4 bottles since I figured we will be sharing again. If it is leftover, you can bring it home with you. We had a half bottle left last time and we left it. I don't know if the room stewards are allowed to keep it or not though. I sure hope so.

Jackie

I called and ordered a bar setup and was told that I couldn't bring my own mixers!!! I have always brought Mr. & Mrs. T, Watermelon mix, onions, olives, etc., without a problem. I spoke to Yulexi, the coordinator for the Dawn and she said we're not supposed to bring anything on board, even water. First I've ever heard of that. I was able to order 4 bottles since I figured we will be sharing again. If it is leftover, you can bring it home with you. We had a half bottle left last time and we left it. I don't know if the room stewards are allowed to keep it or not though. I sure hope so.

Jackie

If you ask they will always say you can't bring anything not even water - Corporate Miami Line ;) The fact is the ships and piers operate differently - if it ain't booze bring it on.

If you ask they will always say you can't bring anything not even water - Corporate Miami Line ;) The fact is the ships and piers operate differently - if it ain't booze bring it on.

Oh, you know I will!!! ;) It's not the same party without all the fixings... We do enjoy our drinks, especially on vacation.

We've never had a problem until we were on the Majesty in June. They tagged one of our suitcases, but it was outside our door around 3 PM that afternoon. I had all my mixers in it and I thought we would have to go and open it, but they delivered it with the 'crime scene' red liquor tape still on it.

Jackie

• 1 month later...
I stand corrected Shoreguy!

:D

Maybe I will order a liter for my POA trip in 3 weeks. Don't know if I can finish a liter by myself in 1 week though! (my DW don't drink whiskey)

Has anyone downed a liter on a cruise in 7 days by themselves?

well if your sitting on your balcony after dinner or after a late show, sure liter is gone. We just try to be tide to the ship so we will keep from falling over board, and a good drink is made with more then a single shot,

• 2 weeks later...

We Will Be On The Sun Jan 23,2007 And Have Already Called And Set Up My Bar..........just Call And Ask For The Ship Cooidinator For The Ship And Date You Are Sailing On And They SHould Direct You.

If You Are On The Sun Jan 23,2007 The Ship Coordinator Is Sandra Agusti Her Ext Is 7762...........hope This Helps

Marsha

Archived