Thanksgiving in Canada

Could someone please help me?? I just noticed on my calendar that the Canadian Thanksgiving will be October 9. That will be our day for Quebec City sightseeing. We will arrive in Quebec City late Oct. 8 (Sun.) to board our ship, The Sea Princess, and Mon. (9th) is our day in port. Does anyone know how this will affect our sightseeing, ie. restaurants, store closings, etc.??? We had meant to try to do a walking tour and maybe some taxies. I would certainly not want to have to spend TG in the USA trying to see and do anything......everything would be closed.

I have looked forward to Quebec City for so long, I certainly hope this doesn't turn into a downer. Reckon we should stick with the Princess excursions??? Thanks for any info anyone has.......Petter

Petter

if you stay in the old town (Vieux Québec) you will not have any problems. Most (if not all) shops and restaurants will be opened. Taxis shouldn't be an issue either but if you stay in the old town, you will not need one. Bring comfortable shoes because you will need to do some major walking going from the lower town (basse ville) to the upper town (haute ville).

The suburbs shopping malls will be closed. The zoo, aquarium, museums may be closed; you would have to check with the tourist office or individually with these places. There is so much to see in Vieux Québec you won't need to go anywhere else. And if it is closed for you, it will also be closed for the Princess tour.

You may already have this bookmark, but in any case it is a wealth of information

http://www.bonjourquebec.com it is the tourism web site for the province of Quebec. Do search for region "Quebec city"

Enjoy your stay in La Belle Province

Archived