Dining Problems - Anyone Experienced This?

I totally agree with the person who commented that anyone who has spent any time reading the Princess threads would not be surprised by the comments of the OP. We were considering a cruise on the Grand Princess and I read the Princess thread for a month or so to learn something about the ship. I can honestly say I have never been in such negative company! After my time on that thread, we decided that we NEVER wanted to be on a ship with those people. The difference in the overall tone of the Princess thread from that of jolly/helpful group here on the RCI thread was unbelievable. It was continual b#$%!, b#$@&*, b$#%!!! I'm sure everyone on a Princess ship isn't of that type (in fact, family members who are not old grouches have cruised on the Grand Princess), but it was enough to send me back to RCI.

[quote name='clearlakecruisers']I totally agree with the person who commented that anyone who has spent any time reading the Princess threads would not be surprised by the comments of the OP. We were considering a cruise on the Grand Princess and I read the Princess thread for a month or so to learn something about the ship. I can honestly say I have never been in such negative company! After my time on that thread, we decided that we NEVER wanted to be on a ship with those people. The difference in the overall tone of the Princess thread from that of jolly/helpful group here on the RCI thread was unbelievable. It was continual b#$%!, b#$@&*, b$#%!!! I'm sure everyone on a Princess ship isn't of that type (in fact, family members who are not old grouches have cruised on the Grand Princess), [B]but it was enough to send me back to RCI[/B].[/quote]

We welcome you back with open arms and a big friendly smile. :D :D

The complainers seem to people who complain just about everything as well as treating staff like crap. You will catch more bees with honey than with vinegar. Being snotty and snooty isn't really necessary. I remember my first cruise on RCL we were taking the bus from the airport to the port and when we got to the port, there was a guy who was yelling at the RCL staff member who gets on the bus to direct you where to go etc because it was taking too long or something like that. Funny thing is I saw this same guy on the ship a little later and sure enough there he was complaining about something or other to his wife. These people should just stay home!

I have noticed in my "vast years" on this Earth, that while it may be possible to have absolutely EVERYTHING go wrong on a seven day cruise, from the food quality to the quality of the service, to the layout of the ship, to the personalities of 3000+ passengers all being loathesome, more often than not, ONE thing at the beginning of the cruise may have so incensed someone that it colored their perception of everything else thereafter, which is really a sad, sad shame.

A good example of this is listed under the member reviews for one of RCL ships. The man who posted the review had sailed RCCL many times and always had a great time. On THIS particular cruise, someone made a booking error and gave him late seating dining instead of the early seating he had requested. From the moment he stepped on the ship, he was so angry about that that he was unable to enjoy his cruise. The food tasted old, the salads "flat" and time and time again he pointed out that he couldn't enjoy the shows because of his late seating, or he couldn't appreciate this or that because of the late seating. His wife was so tired after eating dinner at the late seating, that she couldn't even undress and slept in her clothing. They were forced to take naps in the middle of the day so they could stay up for dinner. Time and again, you could see in his recounting of his "cruiseship from hell" how soured he had become and it ruined his trip. He used phrases like "I marched right in and demanded", you could just feel the anger seething in his writings.

The OP in the Princess post reminds me of that. She may have not wanted to go on a RCCL and wanted to stick with Princess and was determined to not have a good time, and she didn't disappoint herself. (I see that in play in my line of work a lot). One thing, early in her cruise, may have not been the preferred way she was accustomed to from Princess and therefore, nothing else was going to measure up either.

It's really sad when a person can let a small dissappointment color what could be an incredible memory in the making. I pity them.

Never had an issue with any of that stuff on RCCL or Princess! My only complaint with my Mariner cruise was that there did not seem to be enough chocolate offerings- Princess always had some sort of chocolate on their dessert menus. Not a big enough difference to make a stink!
Kay

Guest cvbart
[quote name='Merion_Mom']Have you ever heard of a "Princess Cheerleader"? This one is the Captain of the Squad.

:)[/quote]

It that the same as an "RCCL Cheerleader"?

Guest cvbart
[quote name='Ocean Boy']Maybe the same people who spend too much time watching what other's wear??:confused: :confused:[/quote]

You got that right:)

Archived