time zones

deeolasingh

You live in the US and you don't know this? Are you SERIOUS?

yes Im SERIOUS..... I knew as I mentioned in my previous post I just didnt sound right.... so I decided to ask here is that a problem????

Don't mean to be rude, but couldn't you just google that? The results would be instant not to mention you'd have a choice of many sites that may suit you best

you are right but since I was on this site when the though occured I though Id ask....

You live in the US and you don't know this? Are you SERIOUS?

Dee Dee

I thought it was a good question and don't let a couple of other posts get to you. I have lived in the U.S. for 42 years now and I couldn't tell you what states are in what time zone either. :rolleyes: And I am serious.;)

Why the problem with the OP's post??????

You should also be aware that the "Ship's time" is the time it was at your port of departure.

Which may or may not be the same time as each of your port stops on your voyage.

You should always set your watch to ship time.

And...... have a bang up time on your cruise!

You should also be aware that the "Ship's time" is the time it was at your port of departure.

Which may or may not be the same time as each of your port stops on your voyage.

You should always set your watch to ship time.

I may be wrong but I think the ships change their time to the local time of the port stops. I can't remember from all my cruises but on the last 2 to the Mexican Riviera ( 2005 on the Carnival Spirit and 2006 on the Dawn Princess ), we were always told to set our clocks one hr. ahead or one hr. back. This happens a lot when on a Mexican Reviera as you go thru several time changes. That is why I remember it so well....not as much time change in the Caribbean.

I may be wrong but I think the ships change their time to the local time of the port stops. I can't remember from all my cruises but on the last 2 to the Mexican Riviera ( 2005 on the Carnival Spirit and 2006 on the Dawn Princess ), we were always told to set our clocks one hr. ahead or one hr. back. This happens a lot when on a Mexican Reviera as you go thru several time changes. That is why I remember it so well....not as much time change in the Caribbean.

I think it really depends on the ship and itinerary you go on; I have never had to change my watch while on a cruise, we always stayed on ship time. :)

I think it really depends on the ship and itinerary you go on; I have never had to change my watch while on a cruise, we always stayed on ship time. :)

You definitely would not on an Eastern Caribbean itinerary as there is no time change.

You definitely would not on an Eastern Caribbean itinerary as there is no time change.

Actually, there can be. Puerto Rico is an hour ahead of Eastern Time part of the year. Because they do not observe Daylight Saving Time they are currently the same as the Eastern Time Zone. So if you go when it's not Daylight Saving Time, they will be an hour ahead.

yes Im SERIOUS..... I knew as I mentioned in my previous post I just didnt sound right.... so I decided to ask here is that a problem????

Don't mean to be rude, but couldn't you just google that? The results would be instant not to mention you'd have a choice of many sites that may suit you best

you are right but since I was on this site when the though occured I though Id ask....

Um, no, you didn't say anything about it "not sounding right." Good try though.

Archived