Help!! Jackets for men Constellation, Semi Formal & Casual

:confused: Can anyone please confirm if men have to wear Jackets in the main dinig room on the Constellation on Semi Formal & Casual Evenings

I am becoming really concerned now after reading posts regarding the Dress codes on this ship. My Husband doesnt not own any Jackets. We are renting a Tux for the formal evenings & he has very smart shirts & trousers for the Semi Formal & Casual evenings. I don't want to have to purchase Jackets, just so we can eat in the main Dining area, when I know he will feel restricted & won't be comfortable in them & they will not be worn again.

What is wrong in a gentleman wearing a smart shirt & trousers? Why the Jacket?:confused:

We sail in 2 wks, can anybody please help who has recently sailed either on this ship or with this cruise line & let me know if men were turned away if they didn't have a Jacket on.:o Any response would be gratefully appreciated.:)

Your hubby does not need a jacket on casual nights. Just a nice sports shirt and casual slacks are fine. On the informal (semi-formal) nights Celebrity does ask the gentlemen to wear a jacket. We will be on the Constellation beginning Sept 9 and our cruise booklet also states they need a tie on informal nights but I know from a prior cruise, that the daily paper says tie is optional. I have seen quite a few men in nice shirts and ties with no jacket on informal night and no one was turned away. I have read on these boards of guys being turned away for not wearing a jacket but it seems to depend on the matre'd who is working that night. My husband is planning on taking one sport jacket to wear on all of our informal nights and has also rented a tux for the formal nights. Perhaps you could find your hubby a jacket at a thrift store that he could take along and there wouldn't be the expense of purchasing something he doesn't wear at home. After the first informal night, you will see how the other guys are dressed and perhaps he can leave the jacket in your cabin for the other evenings.

Have a great time....Constellation is a great ship!

Archived