Clay pigeon shooting QE2

worldcruiser90

The QE2 used to offer clay pigeon shooting when I went trans atlantic back in 1989. Do they still do this is ?

QE2 Southampton - New York 1989

QE2 New York - Southampton 1989

Canberra World Cruise 1990

QE2 British Isles 2004

QE2 Northern Highlights 2006

Somehow, dropping clay pigeons and lead balls off the bow of the ship is deemed environmentally unfriendly. Oh, just becasue the terns proabably ate the lead and were poisoned or we bonked a few dolphins with falling clay pieces. Not to mention that dreadful incident where someone thought we were pirates... Well, okay, that didn't really happen. At least not when I was aboard! But I'm not sure with the shipping lanes so close together (you often see other ships- even small SMALL fishing vessels, even out at sea- Face it, there are "ocean higways" just as there are "ariways" and land highways0 We don't all just erratcially go every which way!) It's just not such a great idea!

And yes, I have done it! And enjoyed it, I might add!

Karie,

Who had riflery traiing at McDill AFB, And still can't hit the broad side of a barn from five feet!!

Somehow, dropping clay pigeons and lead balls off the bow of the ship is deemed environmentally unfriendly.

So they went onto "Laser Skeet Shooting". But they don't advertise that anymore. I wonder why that stopped?

The QE2 used to offer clay pigeon shooting when I went trans atlantic back in 1989. Do they still do this is ?

No clay pigeons anymore. Lots of sitting ducks, though! :rolleyes: And I am excitedly looking forward to being among the flock for World Cruise 07!

Couldn't resist.;)

So they went onto "Laser Skeet Shooting". But they don't advertise that anymore. I wonder why that stopped?

The Society for the Prevention of, and Education as to the Abuse of Lasers- SPEAL (Motto: Lasers have feeling, too!) had a hissy, and alas, it was banned.

Karie,

who needs to go night-night before she says something REALLY wrong! (Especially after reading last night's late night post on this thread, which I obviously did not proof before (or after) hitting send!)

Archived