Harbour Hopper in Halifax question

jled

I am sailing on the Carnival Victory 8/31. I want to do the Harbour Hopper tour with my DH and my two teenaged kids- 15 & 17. I want to book this directly since its much cheaper than on carnival. Does this tour get booked up in advance and is it something I should make an advance reservation for or will I just be able to get off the ship in town and buy a ticket right there?? Any other suggestions for something fun to do?? Are there any bike tours or anything like that. The excursions on the Carnival website are really not too interesting and I don't want to go with the crowds to Peggy's Cove. thanks

I can only tell you my experience. I did the Hopper five years ago but through Princess. It was a half tour on the city streets and the other half tour was in the water. It was alot of fun. Anyway we did ours through the cruiseline because when we were taken to the hopper it was packed. I do not know if it was all cruise passengers or some cruise passengers and some not. I also do not know where you could get tickets if you were not a cruise passenger. Sorry.

Marilyn

Sometimes if you call them directly they will let you reserve the tours later in the day ahead of time but I know they hold some (or all?) seats on early tours for cruise pax... if you really want to do this tour -- and it IS a lot of fun-- I'd get in touch w/ them now and do the ship tour if you can't book in advance directly. When we were in Halifax they had some slots open last minute for early afternoon tours the "day of" but I woudl not count on that.

Archived