Being one of the first off the ship in the Caymans

second honeymoon

I want to find out if you book with a private tour operator, how do you get to be one of the first people off the ship (when tendering in) if you are not booked with the cruise line for those tours?

I heard that if you book with the cruise line for an excursion you are definitly one of the first off, how can you be one of the first off if you book with Nativeways for an example???

When cruising with Princess, I had arranged a tour with a private company and had to be off the ship ASAP. I mentioned it to the staff during disembarkation for the Princess tours, and they very nicely let me off early too. Just ask, shouldn't be a problem.

We just got off Carnival's Conquest and took the Nativeways Rays, Reef and Rumpoint Tour, we needed to get a debarkation number in a designated place at a certain time. FOr us they started giving out numbers at 7am and gathers at about 6:45am and were on the first tender boat out. We waited in Geortown for about an hour before the tour started but it was worth the wait to make sure we got to the tour in time.

Have fun!

last week on the Inspiration, we were to meet in the Paris Lounge before tendering to cayman. Excited, we got there a couple of minutes early.... as we crossed the threshhold, the assistant cd told us to just go right out and get on the tender. No checking of tickets, no advice; nothing. Just go. we went! perhaps that could work for you???? don't know if this is typical or not. wasn't that way 2 years ago..................:)

I want to find out if you book with a private tour operator, how do you get to be one of the first people off the ship (when tendering in) if you are not booked with the cruise line for those tours?

I heard that if you book with the cruise line for an excursion you are definitly one of the first off, how can you be one of the first off if you book with Nativeways for an example???

Which cruiseline are you with? Different ones do different things! For us, on Rhapsody, they had first come, first served tendering from 7:00 till 7:45 a.m. No ticket necessary or anything. Everyone with an excursion booked through RCI were meeting in various locations throughout the ship - they were tendering later than 7:45. If you don't get up and get going, though, (during the first come, first served tendering) you will need a ticket and have to wait your turn to get off the ship. We had no trouble getting off and tendered between about 7:30 and 7:45 and met up easily with NativeWay. There was no mad rush or crowd during that time.

Which cruiseline are you with? Different ones do different things! For us, on Rhapsody, they had first come, first served tendering from 7:00 till 7:45 a.m. No ticket necessary or anything. Everyone with an excursion booked through RCI were meeting in various locations throughout the ship - they were tendering later than 7:45. If you don't get up and get going, though, (during the first come, first served tendering) you will need a ticket and have to wait your turn to get off the ship. We had no trouble getting off and tendered between about 7:30 and 7:45 and met up easily with NativeWay. There was no mad rush or crowd during that time.

We are on the Mariner, so I wonder since this is RCCL if the same rules apply?

We got off the Rhapsody last week in Caymen before the first scheduled tender. Just get up early and get in line. Didn't need tickets, but if I were you I would check it out with the purser on your ship the night before.

The instructions and times for tendering were printed in that day's Cruise Compass, so we knew the night before what we needed to do in order to get off the ship in time to meet our tour. You will probably find the same to be true on Mariner, but if nothing is printed in the CC (and surely it will be) then like someone else said, I'd go to the purser's desk for instructions.

Archived