Category 7A on Legend??

stebar

My husband booked the obstructed balcony on the Legend, Sept 1/06. Has anyone stayed in a room like this? I am worried that when we sit on the balcony we won't be able to see out. Even though it is more expensive, should we just book the regular balcony stateroom?

Thanks for your help,

Barb

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=366592&highlight=obstructed+balcony

This thread will give you some information and some links to pictures. The link in post #3 (carnivalcruisejunkie) will take you to some great pictures for this cabin category. (The pictures are from Carnival Miracle, but it is same class as Legend, Spirit class.)

Did you book a 7A guarantee or a specific 7A cabin? If you booked a specific cabin you could do a search on this board for more specific information and/or pictures for that cabin.

We were in a 7A on the Miracle in June. Both ships have the same layout. As long as you book a cabin that is farther back than the first three lifeboats on either side, you'll be able to see straight out. (The first three lifeboats are taller.) There was a rope that held some lifeboat stuff. If you look down, the lifeboat and the deck underneath are there. But that's the same for a lot of regular balconies also. If you look down from many of them, you see the same lifeboat and deck.

We loved it the 7A. I took hundreds of sunrise and sunset pictures from our balcony. I just had to zoom a little to miss the rope and lifeboat.

Archived