Arcadia,The Meridian Restaurant.

KimmyUK

Booked for 2nd sitting. Would like to request a nice table for 8. Does anyone know where the best place is to sit so I can phone P & O.? For example, where it is quieter so I can hear my fellow passengers. Comments appreciated.:cool:

We requested a small table and second sitting when we booked 12 months ago.

We travel in a few weeks and still do know if our request will be honoured.

When I queried this with P&O they said that "dining arrangements cannot be confirmed until you are on board" - a card is left in your cabin giving your sitting and table number.

You then have to go and check it out and if not happy ask for a change.

Last year on RCI we requested small table and ended up on a table for seven - although we had a good time and the people were lovely.

I booked a year in advance and requested a table for 2, 2nd sitting. Got 2nd sitting confirmed. When we got on the ship (IT WAS TO CELEBRATE OUR SILVER WEDDING ANNIV) we had a table for 8......

As I had asked the question on site about best tables, and lots of cruisers said tables of 8 were more fun - as you make friends, chat about your day etc, decided to not complain, and try the 8 out. It was fine, 3 other couples, we all got on well.

Even though Arcadia is a adult only ship, with lots of couples onboard, she doesn't have that many tables of 2, and some are seated around the middle island, near where the waiters serve from.

Our table of 8 was near the bow window with views of the wake , lower meridian, so all in all no complaints.

Sue:)

We had table 181 for 8 people , second sitting upper tier

This table was right aft of the ship so we could look oput of the windows to the wake , also because of its position there was only a table of 2 one side and another table of 8 the other side other tables where then a good distance away and we did not have any occassion to have to raise our voices to be heard.

Great table and great location and great views thats the one to go for if you get a chance !!

I'd suggest trying to get forward on the upper level if you want to be able to hear your companiion.

We had a table right at the stern by the window, and there was a constant throb (aural and vibration) as a result of the pods.

Surely the sensible place for restaurants is forward?

Archived