RCCI Stingray City Excursion question

hersheyl

The DH and I are sailing on Rhapsody on 9/17 and want to take the Stingray City excursion...has anyone had a negative experience with this? Is it very crowded? Also, the DH wears contacts and won't be able to snorkle...can he sit in the boat? Thanks in advance for the info.

Kelly:confused:

The DH and I are sailing on Rhapsody on 9/17 and want to take the Stingray City excursion...has anyone had a negative experience with this? Is it very crowded? Also, the DH wears contacts and won't be able to snorkle...can he sit in the boat? Thanks in advance for the info.

Kelly:confused:

I meant to say we are thinking of taking the RCCI sponsored excursion...I was typing too fast.:)

I can't tell you about the RCCL excursion yet, but I am going on one on Sept. 27 from Freedom OTS. I decided to pick the ship's excursion because I wanted a bigger boat to try to minimize seasickness, and I didn't want to worry about times or getting back to the ship later or anything like that.

I am actually writing because you wrote that your DH wears contacts and won't be able to snorkel. I have really bad vision that is corrected with contacts, and I have no problem snorkeling. The mask covers the top half of your face, so your eyes stay dry. Even if a little bit of water got around the mask, I have always been okay. I didn't want your DH to miss out on snorkeling if he wanted to do it. It is a lot of fun!

Also, if you go to the Stingray City sandbar, you don't have to snorkel, you can just stand on the sandbar if you are tall enough to stand in 4 feet or so of water. Our excursion is going to the sandbar and not the Stingray City where you have to snorkel or can dive. I have never been there before, but this is what I have gathered from all of the research I did before picking an excursion.

Have fun planning! :)

Thanks for the info...The DH has the very tiny glass contacts that just fit over the pupil so he is very paranoid about losing one. Wind and water drive him crazy because the least bit can flip it right out so there will be no talking him into snorkeling. I wear contacts also but they are the regular soft lenses so I'm not too worried. Thanks for the tip!

Archived