documents and tickets

chefmikki

Hi,

We leave in 13 days and most of our group (5 of the 6 booked cabins) are still waiting for their docs from the TA .

Question that someone might be able to answer for me, I noticed the cost of our cruise had gone down, so I phoned the travel agent who we had booked with. We were not given a credit but they upgraded us from a 6A to a 6C. I opted to take a 6C guarantee and we ended up with a 6D cabin.

My luggage tags state the riviera deck, a 6A cabin. I phoned the TA and was told that Carnival will not issue new luggage tags, I was told to just write our new cabin number on them. I am concerned that my luggage will be delayed in getting to us due to the colour of the tag. Any suggestions on this one?

Thanks

Guest YesitDonna

Not to worry about your luggage. Just tell the guys at the peir your cabin has been changed. If they are a different color tag they will just give you new ones there.

• 2 weeks later...
When do I get worried about not having my documents???

38 days and counting . I am just getting anxious about not having them. Do they come regular mail, UPS, FedEx???

Thanks again!!

I am sailing 9/2 and just got my docs Friday, they were sent overnight (I think because I kep bugging my TA about them..lol). If you filled out your Fun Pass, you won't even need your book. They will have all your info on the computer. You will just have to get luggage tags when you get there.

When do we get the final documents and get the boarding passes?? I leave in 47 days and counting. Any idea when I can expect to see them..

Thanks!!

did you book through carnival directly, or through a ta? The ta may already have them, doesn't hurt to call and check. That's what I had to do for our cruise. On our roll call several had received their docs and I had not. I e-mailed my ta, she e-mailed me back saying to come get them. If you booked through Carnival, give them a call. As long as you have your funpass completed and printed out, you'll be fine. Lots of people have boarded with just the funpass because they didn't get their docs. Enjoy your cruise!:)

When do we get the final documents and get the boarding passes?? I leave in 47 days and counting. Any idea when I can expect to see them..

Thanks!!

Usually 4 weeks prior to your cruise you get them. It is not always the case it your TA books you with a group. Group bookings come from a different department and they either get them before or after the single bookings.

Our TA always books us with a group, because we love all the little extra things we get by being with a group. Anyway we have gotten our docs as soon as 6 weeks prior to sailing and we have had to wait as close as 2 weeks. But no worries as they are just paper and with or without them you can get on the ship with proper id.

Not to worry about your luggage. Just tell the guys at the peir your cabin has been changed. If they are a different color tag they will just give you new ones there.

If you have your cabin number already you can print out labels with all of your information on them and take them with you. When at the pier tell the porter that you need tags and they will get you the proper color. Just pull off the labels and stick them on the new tags. It will save you from writing everything in.

Archived