12 Days to go

mystte

Less than 2 weeks for me until we leave for Sydney and now the pressure is on, heard someone say she has been shopping for new clothes for the past few months and I have hardly looked at any!

Just booked my flight to Sydney last night, yes I know I am late, but was wondering for what time I should book a return flight. Given coming in late or not wanting to be first off and rushing what time would it be advisable to book a flight?

Also are there lockers at the terminal, I think I read that there wasn't but just read an article in paper about someone in NZ putting luggage after cruise into a locker whilst going off sightseeing.

I think I should book soon but we discussed it and came up with conclusion - if we can't get flight out we shall just have to stay another night!!!:)

Luci

Less than 2 weeks for me until we leave for Sydney and now the pressure is on, heard someone say she has been shopping for new clothes for the past few months and I have hardly looked at any!

Just booked my flight to Sydney last night, yes I know I am late, but was wondering for what time I should book a return flight. Given coming in late or not wanting to be first off and rushing what time would it be advisable to book a flight?

Also are there lockers at the terminal, I think I read that there wasn't but just read an article in paper about someone in NZ putting luggage after cruise into a locker whilst going off sightseeing.

I think I should book soon but we discussed it and came up with conclusion - if we can't get flight out we shall just have to stay another night!!!:)

Luci

There aren't any lockers at the Darling Harbour cruise terminal. When we came back, we took a taxi to Central Station and left our bags in lockers there, when sightseeing, and then came back and collected the bags before getting a train to the Airport to get our flight.

Regarding your return flight, it depends whether you want to do sightseeing in Sydney before you return home. When we came back of Sun, we spent the day sightseeing as my parents hadn't been to Sydney for about 40 years, so they wanted to have a look around. We flew home to Brisbane and Melbourne late in the afternoon. If you don't want to sightsee you could probably book flights in the early afternoon - they ususally have the ship completely disembarked by about 10.30am.

Kym

I am getting nervous, diddn't slleep well last night.

The living room is a mess with suitcases and clothes and my mind is on all the things I need to do before I leave...

Can't wait I have been looking forward to this all my life:)

We leave for Sydney next MOnday:D

Ooh how exciting for you, the time is getting so CLOSE now. I am so excited for you. We are off in two weeks. I am looking forward to the warm weather as its been a little chilly down here lately.

I cant wait to read all about your holiday when you come back. I am sure we will have a million questions for you!

Good luck with packing- I know that I will be constantly fretting about missing something!!! :p

We have a 1pm flight home. They ask you what flight you are on onboard. If you are on a flight before 1pm you can pre puchase the shuttle bus onboard.

Yep the nightmare of packaging. I worried about this a lot. I'm sure you'll pack everything you need. The weather isn't very hot. Make sure you pack some winter stuff. I thought it would never warm up.

Oh I was hoping the weather would be warm as you say you got burnt.

Your reviews are fantastic, I am printing them off and showing my partner.

Are the pools open? I think sometimes if weather is not favorable that they might close them off - but may be ok if only just cool weather. Thanks for the tip I will bring a few things as we ae in Sydney for a couple of days.

Still haven't booked return trip _ might be a mental thing of not wanting to come home:D

I got burnt in Noumea because I didn't use sun screen. The water was warm enough to swim in but it wasn't what I'd call hot. It might because I'm use to QLD weather. Considering you're from Melbourne, I think your idea of warm and hot will be different to mine.

On the first night and the first 2 sea days everyone was in winter clothes. After that people did start wearing shorts and tops. It is cold outside when the ship is moving and the wind is blowing right through you.

The weather is unpredictable. In Noumea we had a quick shower. It rained today in Suva but cleared up a little in the afternoon. At sea we have quick showers which will last only a few minutes. They come and go so quick that by the time you get to your cabin to dry yourself, it is sunny again.

I don't want to go home. I could stay onboard forever! I guess I have to go home so you can enjoy your cruise. I might just take home the chef, my Stewart and my waiter with me. Meh, I'll the entire staff home with me. I'm sure you won't mind.

Hey leave those guys for me to enjoy:D !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad it's great and really enjoy your reviews which I follow avidly - I used to love Rockin' Robin!:o

Yes being a Melbourne girl who can't handle the water here I should be fine in the pacific, I was just a bit worried how cold it could be cause I can't handle it, I was trying to get away from it on this cruise!

Two years ago we went up to Cairns early August and the weather was a delight so I am hoping much the same and I do want to come back with a tan as they all expect it of me!!

Should I take an umbrella??

I think you'd need a lot of bad luck to need an umbrella. The weather is mostly all good.

The water on the Islands is perfect. You don't feel cold getting into the water. You'll love it.

It is very easy to get sun burnt. Be careful getting your tan. I'm now getting sunburn on my sunburn. It's not fun.

I'm surprised someone likes my reviews. I'm glad you like them. It won't be long before I'm reading your reviews. This time next week, it will be you cruising.

It's very exciting cause you're actually on board and giving me a real time indication to life on board:)

I just have to pack now and get all the other things out of the way before I go mad. Got a haircut and hate it - what a way to start:(

Hi maf101. Iam loving reading your reviews direct from the SUN. Thank you for giving us a first hand report.It feels like we are with you (ooooo I wish) . Is the cruise what you expected? How is the service, food and other passengers? Will you do another one at some stage? Keep having a ball. Suexxx

I'm sure your hair is nice. My sister got her hair cut the day before we sailed and she has been worried about it all the cruise. I like her hair though, don't tell her!

I'm with some people in the library who are playing cards. They're in there 70s and I'm trying to explain what the Internet is. They ask if you're a Collingwood supporter?

There is too much food. That is my only concern. You can't finish one meal before the next one is starting.

I want to sail again. It's just a matter of saving up for it. It will most likely be in a year or two. The cruise is what I expected. I miss the odd thing from the Sky but I'm enjoying this ship. I think we might sail next on the Dawn. I would sail on this ship again if we found a good cruise.

The main things I miss from the Sky is the cinema and the lounge what overlooked the front of the ship. It took a few day to get use to the layout of this ship. Overall I like both ships.

The people I'm sitting with are talking about what load of trash all that talk on the TV is. I agree.

The service is excellent. The first day of our cruise we didn't get our cabin cleaned until dinner. Our cabin steward has since made it up to us by cleaning our cabin promptly ever since.

The waiters are wonderful. They are my favourite staff on the ship. They always have something nice to say. They promptly help my mother out of her wheelchair. They are very kind. Our waiter sometimes mixes up who orders what but I have no complaints. He is wonderful. Over the past couple of days a couple of the waiters have dropped stuff. I'm surprised more stuff doesn't get broken. They do an amazing job.

The food is excellent. I don't know how I'm going to eat my own cooking ever again. I have nothing negative to say about it. It is impossible to get hungry on this ship.

The other passengers are mostly all friendly. There is about 68 teenagers on board. There's seems to be lots of children onboard but I don't know how many. There are people of all ages onboard. Everyone I have spoken to has been easy going and friendly. I have only seen one person who I dislike..

There are passengers who seem to complain about everything. They reckon they will never sail again. I don't understand why.

It's very overcast today. I think it might be raining lightly outside.

hi maf101. I see you will be Vila friday. Do you plan to do any shopping(duty free) and what ever? I have read on the boards that there is a good Duty Free shop on the Left hand side of the main street at the end(when walkingaway from the the dock). Would love to know it's name as we will be there on our cruise. Any tips you have after visiting this port and all the others would be fantastic. Weather there tomorrow is hopefully 25 degrees and a bit cloudy. Keep having fin Suexxx

Hi SueXXX. I think I know the shop you're talking about. Is it the one with the bottleshop connected to it on the left side of the shop?

I have a Lagoon cruise tour first thing in the morning. I then have a jet bike ride tour and after that I can go shopping. I will try and find this shop and take a photo for you.

Where did you get the weather information from? Your report is exactly what the ships navigator told us to expect tomorrow!!!

The weather has improved. The sun is out. It was 23 degrees at lunch time. We're sailing slowly towards Vila. A lot of people are enjoying the sun and pools. It is formal night tonight.

I'm almost out of Internet again!!! I only bought more yesterday. I can't believe they cancelled Stargate SG1. I'm a big scifi fan. This is very sad news.

Luci, have you booked your flight home yet?

Hi Maf101. I am an ESSENDON follower. Have been all my life. I have a lot of weather sights for lots of places. I look at them all the time when cruises are under way. It makes me feel good when I see it is going to be fine. When it looks bad I hope they are wrong. As I have said before enjoy enjoy. Suexxx

Archived