Snuba Excursions with VI Snuba

Leo Jay

I got no responses on the St. Thomas/St. John boards, so I'm posting here as well...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've found a couple of positive reviews of VI Snuba in various threads, but I was wondering if anyone had any more feedback or details on how the experience was. Specifically,

1. Has anyone done the VI Snuba dive off St. John? According to the website, the St. John beach is particularly beautiful, but I'm curious about whether people think it justifies the extra time and effort of having to ferry from St. Thomas to St. John, as opposed to just staying in St. Thomas and diving from Coki Beach.

2. My girlfriend's interested in doing snuba, but is a bit apprehensive that she might feel slightly claustrophobic with water all around her. She's a decent swimmer, and not easily panicked, but she's not used to being completely submerged for an extended period of time. If she tries it, and decides after a few minutes that she can't take it, can she go back up to the raft without disrupting everyone else's dive?

3. If anyone has any feedback about what to expect of water temps in St. Thomas at the beginning of September, I'd appreciate it. I'm trying to decide whether I need to buy a rashguard or wetsuit.

Thanks.

Archived