taking alcohol on board

SHELLYTEA1

Apples and oranges... it's not a LAW, it is a guideline, big difference. Speeding is a LAW... if you disobey the "guideline" on Carnival, they will take it away from you, but you are now breaking a "law"

The cruiselines are just as upset with those that don't drink ANYTHING... those that they get NO revenue from. They get about $1K a week from me alone... my bottle of Bailey's isn't going to kill them :rolleyes: My neighbor could very easily spend less than $100... who do you think they are making more money from???? This cruise, I've ordered my bottle directly from the cruiselines now that I know you can do that... but either way, I'm not breaking a "law", and the cruiseline is still making a much higher profit from me, than they make on others.

And yes, I DO bring my own beer to baseball games... if I so desire, but if this causes you to lose sleep tonight, I will stop :D

A guideline? Are you kidding me? A policy is not a guideline - like a helpful suggestion. A policy is something that the cruise line has deemed a rule - and they have every right to do it. You don't like their rule - don't cruise on them.

A guideline? Are you kidding me? A policy is not a guideline - like a helpful suggestion. A policy is something that the cruise line has deemed a rule - and they have every right to do it. You don't like their rule - don't cruise on them.

Please tell me the difference oh wise one.... a guideline is a rule or principle (according to the MEANING of the word)... so please tell me how I am kidding you.

And AGAIN, it has NOTHING to do with saving money :rolleyes: I spend more on booze than I would guess most do... and as I've said MANY times, now that I know that I can preorder from Carnival, I have done that :rolleyes: Again, it is not a money issue, it is a convenience issue :rolleyes:

And for good measure :rolleyes:

LOL!!!:D

We smuggled booze and cigarettes during our 8th grade school trip to San Antonio. Got majorly busted and had our parents called. Good thing I was allergic to cigarette smoke....I only got grounded for 2 days. Price you pay to have a little fun and live on the edge. :D

If you play, be prepared to pay.

I say we all smuggle a ton of alcohol, meet at the spa right after they drain it and pour all our alcohol in the spa along with some of Carnivals Friut Punch and get a really long straw to pass around. Its Garbage can Punch for all!

Well I hope we'll all be outside the pool that we're drinking from, cause you know some people pee in the pool and ruin the water :p

Hi,

You are allowed to take a bottle or 2 on board. If you drink it in your

room there is no problem. If you choose to drink it in the dining room.

There is a $10.00 corkage fee.

I have even taken a bottle of Baileys on board, never had a problem.

Enjoy

Hi,

You are allowed to take a bottle or 2 on board. If you drink it in your

room there is no problem. If you choose to drink it in the dining room.

There is a $10.00 corkage fee.

I have even taken a bottle of Baileys on board, never had a problem.

Enjoy

Not entirely correct. You are allowed to take a bottle or two OF WINE onboard, not liquor...

Person smuggling booze into room - Breaking Cruise line Rule NO GOOD!

Leads to being more drunk.

That is quite the assumption.:rolleyes:

That is quite the assumption.:rolleyes:

Right on Liv, bad assumption that whether or what I bring on board will change my consumption - it won't!

Presumption of my consumption is a bad assumption!!!

Right on Liv, bad assumption that whether or what I bring on board will change my consumption - it won't!

Presumption of my consumption is a bad assumption!!!

Exactly...I'll be just as drunk either way :p ;)

Holy CRAP....try saying that really fast five times:eek: :D

The amount of people that get so offended are pretty funny. One group of very offended people are missinig here. That being the cruise line.

The cruise line wants to discourage people from bringing it on board as to gain profits from alocohol sales. So they casually search carry-ons while they know, that enough to stock a good sized bar is coming on through the checked luggage yet they let it happen.

It would not be hard for the cruise lines to crack down on what is in the checked luggage they could go through them as much as the airlines do and take what is in there and that would be the end of the story.

However, they realize good and damn well that there is a large section of people that are spending money on their cruises that would probably settle for a condo on the beach of they couldn't cut some corners by smuggling in alcohol. So, being business minded, they realize that a decrease in alcohol sales is better than no sales at all...

Do some of you think these boards and the countless others on the web are private and that the CL's don't read them and know exactly what is going on? How about saving your "concern" for the people that it truly affects, yet they don't seem to care...

The amount of people that get so offended are pretty funny. One group of very offended people are missinig here. That being the cruise line. that a decrease in alcohol sales is better than no sales at all...

Do some of you think these boards and the countless others on the web are private and that the CL's don't read them and know exactly what is going on? How about saving your "concern" for the people that it truly affects, yet they don't seem to care...

Offended??? I must have missed that post - another bad assumption, Liv and I are just laughing, we are going to get drunk no matter the cost:p

Of course it is a revenue and business decision, the same as a sporting venue or what not that says "no outside food or beverage" it is just a money decision.

...as would be "cracking down" on booze in checked luggage, multiply the number of pieces of checked luggage by the time and work necessary to screen them and you will find that - another business decision! Carnival knows it is going on, but as long as their liquor revenue keeps exceeding a certain threshold, they don't care because it is cheaper to "let it go". They occasional "tease" passengers with fake threats, but are not at the current financial return willing to do anything about it!

The bottom line IS the bottom line...

I think a ship is more similar to a hotel. The people that bring there own are the big drinkers. I myself have brought booze on every cruise. I still have a large bar bill. If it adds to your enjoyment then why not.

After reading alot of these posts many times, I am starting to believe what you are saying is true. The people that bring their own on are the biggist drinkers and I can bet my bottom dollar they spend the most on the ships. And the cruiselines are aware of that.

It seems to me the ones complaining are the ones that don't tend to drink alot so therefore spend less money at the bar.

But what confuses me is why are the latter complaining about it?

Because it's a guideline/policy:confused: Boy some people need to get a life:D

After reading alot of these posts many times, I am starting to believe what you are saying is true. The people that bring their own on are the biggist drinkers and I can bet my bottom dollar they spend the most on the ships. And the cruiselines are aware of that.

It seems to me the ones complaining are the ones that don't tend to drink alot so therefore spend less money at the bar.

But what confuses me is why are the latter complaining about it?

Because it's a guideline/policy:confused: Boy some people need to get a life:D

Exactly what I was thinking, if they disagree, don't read the thread. Oh well, some people have nothing better to do with their time I guess.:rolleyes:

Jess

Nice to be reminded about how wealthy I am!

The point I was trying to make was that every service industry outlet has a policy against bringing your own alcohol onto the premises, at the very least they will levy a corkage fee.

Anyway, I'm off to bathe in a bucket of money I found lying around this morning

Not every one. What about hotels??? I've brought my own booze to my rooms over the years and most all sell their own alcohol. Aren't cruise ships often refered to as "floating hotels"???

Just curious - why do the innocents who come on here to ask a simple question have their posts mauled by those who don't want them to do something? Were I the OP, I'd have gotten the point that it wasn't within Carnival's guidelines the first post someone said it. Seems like it's up to each cruiser whether or not he/she wants to abide by the guidelines and none of this bickering will do any good. Just a thought.

Just curious - why do the innocents who come on here to ask a simple question have their posts mauled by those who don't want them to do something? Were I the OP, I'd have gotten the point that it wasn't within Carnival's guidelines the first post someone said it. Seems like it's up to each cruiser whether or not he/she wants to abide by the guidelines and none of this bickering will do any good. Just a thought.

Yo Fiesty: Whatta you givin' her that she is giggling so much in the pic?

We are having a little bit of fun poking at people who claim to follow all the rules and never go over the speed limit and go to church every sunday and never cuss and never drink and never have any fun because they are too busy making sure everyone else is JUST LIKE THEY ARE...

Well the dirty rotten truth is this.. Rules are bent , broken and disregarded every day. We ALL have or WILL HAVE broken or even bent a few in our lifetime. Wine is an alcohol beverage, you can get just as drunk on wine as you can a hard liquor. If they allow wine or champagne, they should allow other stuff as well. But they choose not to because if they did allow the hard stuff, they would make no profit. Understandable. Yes they know certain rule bending individuals are going to bring the good stuff, but like everyone else on here has said, they are the big spenders. So in the long run, no harm done. It all washes out in the end. Everyone is happy and everyone is either saving money or making money. :cool:

JEN BOY ARE YOU RIGHT... why cant everyone realize that we all have broken the rules at some point in our lives... ie no talking in school. running in the halls .... staying out past curfew... drinking before the age of 21 and smuggling booze on our cruises.... loll

steph

Archived