Help, how to get to Ballantyne Pier!

ninjasquash

I'm hoping someone familiar with the area can help. We will be leaving our hotel in Vancouver by seabus which docks at Canada Place . How do we get to Ballantyne Pier from there? Is it reasonable walking distance while rolling luggage? Or will we need a taxi or bus? Thanks for any help! We cruise in 10 days!:D

I'm hoping someone familiar with the area can help. We will be leaving our hotel in Vancouver by seabus which docks at Canada Place . How do we get to Ballantyne Pier from there? Is it reasonable walking distance while rolling luggage? Or will we need a taxi or bus? Thanks for any help! We cruise in 10 days!:D

Cab by all means. It is too far to walk.

Yes I agree, you must cab it, dont know the cost but it shouldn't be too bad at all. On the way over on the seabus you will be able to see your ship and once outside the waterfront station you can easily get a cab to take you there.

I agree with the others, take a cab - don't even attempt to walk it. It's not a good part of town. To give you an idea - the cost with a cab from the Ballantyne Pier to our hotel (the Westin Bayshore) was about $11 - without the tip. So, you'll be looking at a little less than that from Canada Place to Ballantyne.

Have fun!

We took the Vancouver Trolly tour and found out that they now have transportation from any hotel to Ballantyne Pier. We stayed at the Times Square Suites at the far end of Robson, they picked us up at the time we requested and we were the oly passangers. If I recall, it was $11.00 per person (we were 4 with lots of luggage), and we received a discount since we had taken the trolly. Hope this info helps.

Nancy

Here's another thing to think about - when your vacation is over:( , you'll be waiting with many others to go back to your hotel, airport or wherever. If you choose to take a cab - the driver is not to charge you extra if you have luggage. I've heard of people who said they were charged an extra fee, between $5-20 because they had luggage - don't get suckered in - unfortunately, there are some cab drivers who want to make some extra money dishonestly.

Have a great trip!!!

Thanks to you all for the info! Nice to know about the "extra" charge for luggage! After our cruise we will be catching the Quick Shuttle back to Seattle and flying our from there the next day. I am told that we find this bus there at Ballantyne Pier. It is so nice to be able to ask for help to fill in the gaps!!!! I have found out so much useful info on this board! :-) Thanks again.

I agree with the others, take a cab - don't even attempt to walk it. It's not a good part of town. To give you an idea - the cost with a cab from the Ballantyne Pier to our hotel (the Westin Bayshore) was about $11 - without the tip. So, you'll be looking at a little less than that from Canada Place to Ballantyne.

Have fun!

Was that CAD$ or US$??

We are also staying at the Westin Bayshore

Was that CAD$ or US$??

We are also staying at the Westin Bayshore

Sorry, I wasn't clear - since I'm a Torontonian - it's Canadian $$ :D . You'll love the Westin Bayshore - if we return again, we're staying there - we comfortably fit the five of us in one room! (2 adults, 3 children ages 16, 13 and 9) with a rollaway bed the size of a twin. When they say heavenly beds - they mean it!

Harbour view room is recommended - we only got this because we were Starwood guests otherwise you'd have to pay a little extra.

Have a great trip!

Yep, we are staying at the Lonsdale Quay Hotel. Have'nt read a review on these boards from anyone who has stayed there, but it got good reviews on hotels.com. We shall see and I will let people know what we think about it. This is considered North Shore no?

Yes, this is considered the North Shore. You'll be virtually on top of the SeaBus station so very handy. Have fun!

Marie

Yep, we are staying at the Lonsdale Quay Hotel. Have'nt read a review on these boards from anyone who has stayed there, but it got good reviews on hotels.com. We shall see and I will let people know what we think about it. This is considered North Shore no?

Archived