What is around Cape Liberty???

Sue L

Hey All,

I am going on the Explorer next month and being the obsessed person that I am, we are planning to drive to the port very early. We live on Long Island and the traffic can become disastorous very quickly. I would rather arrive in the Bayonne area early and stop for breakfast/coffee somewhere. Does anyone know what if anything is around there? Any reccomendations for diners etc would be greatly appreciated.

Sue

Hey All,

I am going on the Explorer next month and being the obsessed person that I am, we are planning to drive to the port very early. We live on Long Island and the traffic can become disastorous very quickly. I would rather arrive in the Bayonne area early and stop for breakfast/coffee somewhere. Does anyone know what if anything is around there? Any reccomendations for diners etc would be greatly appreciated.

Sue

There really isn't much around Bayonne where the terminal is. If you are going through the holland tunnel there is a diner(ok for breakfast) as you come out of the Tunnel in Jersey City---you are about 10 minutes from the terminal without traffic from there. If you are going thru Staten Island and going on the Bayonne Bridge I can't help you.

Sue --

I can't be specific b/c every time in my life I've eaten in a dinner in Bayonne it was 2 am & well . . . . you can guess what I was doing before that :rolleyes:

That said, it's pretty hard to get bad diner food in NJ. If the parking lot is crowded or has at least 1 truck in it, walk in. If the place is clean, bon appetite. You'll be fine & early.

Sue --

I can't be specific b/c every time in my life I've eaten in a dinner in Bayonne it was 2 am & well . . . . you can guess what I was doing before that :rolleyes:

That said, it's pretty hard to get bad diner food in NJ. If the parking lot is crowded or has at least 1 truck in it, walk in. If the place is clean, bon appetite. You'll be fine & early.

I grew up in Wayne NJ and DH is from Paramus so we will probably come over the GW bridge as we know some great diners in that area as our first house was in Bergenfield. It is so true that there is no such thing as a bad diner in NJ.

Archived