Seattle terminal evacuated

Sayyadina

Dozer:

See my reply to your other thread. It sounds like your TA is at the source, and I'd be on the phone to his/her supervisor first thing in the morning!!

I doubt seriously that the terminal situation has anything to do with your cruise.....

Paul

Dozer:

See my reply to your other thread. It sounds like your TA is at the source, and I'd be on the phone to his/her supervisor first thing in the morning!!

I doubt seriously that the terminal situation has anything to do with your cruise.....

Paul

I guess the terminal situation didn't have anything to do with my cruise being cancelled. I called HAL this mornigngand was told that the cruise isn't cancelled. I called my TA this morning and she said she had received a letter (e-mail) from HAL saying that the Oosterdam had a propeller problem and asking her to offer us a different cruise with an upgrade from VD to SY and a 25% refund, which we accepted. When I told her that the ship is sailing on Aug. 19, she seemed surprised and called HAL. They told her that they didn't know anything about the letter. I don't know what is going on, but I made this booking over 5 months ago and I don't understand why my reservation was cancelled. The biggest problem was changing the airline reservations at the last minute. I'm fairly new at cruising, this is the 3rd trip, but I have travelled to Australia, Korea, England, Ireland (7 times) and I've never had any problems like this with a trip. I guess the good news is that we will got to Alaska on Sept. 9.

Dozer:

You have been, apparently, "mistreated" by your TA (to put it mildly!). I would speak to the TA's Supervisor and insist on being reimbursed for the difference in your air fare, in addition to the other compensation you were offered.

The decision to "change" your cruise date should not have been decided by your TA, but by you. Please post back when all is sorted out!

When all is said, and done, I hope you have a wonderful trip aboard the Oosterdam! She's a beautiful ship....

Regards,

Paul

Archived