lap top computer

stephandjim1070

Can't he just set his lineup for 2 weeks, and ask the league manager to deal with any injuries during the first week as he best judges? That's assuming he can't get online from the ship computers or in port for some reason...

Surely not worth dragging along a laptop. As Gator said, it isn't any cheaper anyway.

Liberty has bow to stern wireless, but be aware - you still pay the same whether you are on one of their computers or one of yours (advantage is with e-mail that you can compose in advance before connecting). Also, the throughput is veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery slow.

tex great idea about having the manager of the league deal with it .. but he is the manager of the league. i dont think it is a big deal. we will see what he decides... i hate that he wants too bring the laptop.. but hey whatever...

Sounds like time to elect an asst. manager. ;)

Really sounds like just an excuse to bring the laptop, and probably not worth fighting (unless he expects you to carry it!) :D Make sure he knows that it isn't cheap enough to just surf around the internet for hours, unless you're willing to pay a $X00 internet charge. :rolleyes:

I bring my laptop everywhere - even on vacations! Every evening before dinner I like to download my pictures and re-live the day. I also burn CD's of the cruise pics for others in our party to take home with them. I bring a few DVD's to watch if we are having a down time and nothing is on TV (don't usually watch them, but could if we wanted to!) Plus I can go to the internet cafe onboard and log on, download my e-mails and then log off. I then answer my e-mails at my leisure, even including pics from the cruise (to invoke jealousy, of course! ;) ) and then log on again just to send them. Saves me a ton of minutes (which don't come cheap on a cruise ship!) Hubby also likes to play solitare while I get ready for dinner (and yes, I do realize a pack of cards is easier to carry! :D )

Truthfully, I don't really use my laptop all that much - there's too much other stuff going on! But for the few things I do use it for on a cruise, it is worth it to bring it along! I have a sweet little Sony Vaio 13" which weighs almost nothing, so it isn't a bother!

We computer geeks just have to have our laptops! Let him bring it if he wants! :p

I plan on taking our laptop on this cruise. Didn't take it on the last one and some how we lost some pictures on our digital camera. So this time I plan on downloading pictures every night before bed. That way I don't chance them getting erased. Also our kids will be at home so it will be a way to keep in touch with them.

We plan on taking ours as well. I like to d/l my digital pics so we don't lose anything (in case something happened to camera or the disc etc., )

or i'd hate for me to take so many pics that my disc is full before the cruise is over.

Also like to watch DVDs as someone mentioned, and ours is easy to lug around - so whatever works for you - work it in to your plans or leave it home :D

We take our tiny travel size Dell with us, its cool to have Room Service at 11pm at night while writing your days events before heading to bed. I prefer posting Live from the Ship while its still fresh and people on here can ask you questions while youre there. Also we download all of our pictures to the laptop every night.

Fred

Woo hoo -- got an early birthday presnt-- a very nice laptop that I am taking with me on the Destiny-- Not for internet at 75c a minute or buy a package for 55.00 but d/l photos. writing my travel journal.

Play games while in the air. (SO hates when I bother him when he is trying to take a nap--lol (the main reason i got the laptop--lol

Fred, I was waiting to see that thing burst into flames :p:p:eek: :eek: LMAO!!!!

I take my laptop on every cruise... I have no choice :( The prices aren't that bad, when it's critical to stay in touch... and it's not TERRIBLY slow, slow... but I can live with it.

My laptop goes everywhere I do.

I have my own business, so the actuality of having a true vacation is not possible (yet).

While I won't spend my day at my lappy as I do now, I will check and respond to emails daily while on vacation.

I will also check in on my industry web forums.

I can also chat briefly with my daughter (13) on AOL Instant Messenger when need be.

I have the company pick up the tab for the costs.

So, some of us do need our lappy's and web access 24/7/365

I

Archived