QM2 New York roundtrip

nickyaddis

I have just booked to go onto the QM2 from Southampton to New York roundtrip departing on 30th October 2006. Can anyone tell me if we will dock at the Brooklyn cruise terminal and if so will we still get to see any of New York sailing up to it i.e. statue of Liberty etc. As it will be November I suppose it will probably be dark when we are sailing into New York anyway.

Can anyone tell me the alternatives to sightseeing i.e. is there a subway station at the docks, how much a taxi to somewhere like Times Square might cost. Does anyone have any info. on Cunards excursions?

Hope someone can help, Nicky

The Statute is near the pier and the ship passes close to it but not past it. You will get the best view from the Starboard side, The closest subway is fairly far away by foot. It will cost about $25.00 US plus toll and tip to 42nd Street...and is less than 30 minutes away by a good cab driver. Once there you can subway all over and then take a cab back...

Too, if the weather is good you could walk up Pioneer Street and forward and ask to be pointed to the Smith-9th Streets subway stop. (This from the in-transit exit.) Or up from the automobile entrance, more of the same to the Carroll Street subway stop. Both would be the F Train into New York City, for only $2.

And if you're a rainy-day person, of course you'd want to do it! :D

• 3 weeks later...

Archived