Cash minimum on S&S card

grey's girl

I need some help in determining how much the minimum is for a 20 year old.

Two calls to Carnival have produced two different answers....first person said a minimum of $70, enough to cover the tips. Second person initially said $350-400! When I questioned him on it, he then lowered it to $200 because in his words, Carnival still considers her a "minor" because she's under 21...makes a huge difference, when her entire cruise budget is $500! Does anyone have any recent experience with this??

This is all I could find

Sail & Sign®

For your convenience, charges for most of your onboard purchases are made to your Sail & Sign account. A required application form will be included with your documents. Carnival accepts American Express, VISA, MasterCard, Discover Card and cash for deposit on your account. (A minimum deposit will be required for cash accounts: 2 to 4 Day Cruises, $100; 5 to 8 Day Cruises, $200; 9 Day or Longer Cruises, $350.)

I need some help in determining how much the minimum is for a 20 year old.

Two calls to Carnival have produced two different answers....first person said a minimum of $70' date=' enough to cover the tips. Second person initially said $350-400! When I questioned him on it, he then lowered it to $200 because in his words, Carnival still considers her a "minor" because she's under 21...makes a huge difference, when her entire cruise budget is $500! Does anyone have any recent experience with this??[/quote']

All I can tell you is from what we have experienced, I don't know what the policies are.

Our friends were 3 to a cabin and the each set up seperate sail and sign accounts for the same cabin. On a 7 day the each put up $200. On the flip side when we took my parents the put up $200 cabin total for a 5 day cruise.

I believe as long as it is enough to cover the tip total they will let you get by with it. Even though you can adjust your tips I would think since they are automaticly put on there and if you didnt have enough to cover them then it would show you as a negative balnce.

Just a note.. also even though she may put money down on her account does not mean that she can't get it before the end of the cruise. She has access to it always and only has to go to the pursers desk and request a portion of it back. She can request all of it back up to $50 if she has nothing charged on her account.

Once again this is just the different experiences we have had, but i hope it sheds a little light on it for you.

Life is short enjoy the ride!

What if you have already pre paid your tips?? (Paid mine with my cruise) We want one acct and had only planned on putting $200 cash down for a cabin of 3 an adding as needed?! Will this be a problem??:confused:

It wont be a problem. (Im sure they wont kick you off the ship either) put down your 200 and if it starts getting low you will get a note under your door.

On the last morning when you are waiting to get off the ship-- listen to all the names being called to settle their accounts. the ship can not clear until all accounts are closed. You will be surprised how many people think they can just walk off the ship without paying.

Be warned that even though you put 200 on your account...you can go over.

PS-- although only one account--you each get a sign and sail card which will be your cabin key and allow you on and off the ship in ports. without the card you cant get off the ship

Archived