Exotic Western Caribbean - shopping

dansu

1st time cruising...Carnival Legend - January 2007

We are hoping to book the Panama Canal trip, once the Carnival excursions post for booking, they in still in view only mode, and expected to post in a few weeks. Whatever the price, I'm sure it will be an experience of a lifetime.

I was wondering if there is time, and somewhere to shop, at the pier, or along the way, before or after the ferry ride, which would allow me to pick up some souvenirs for my kids? Nothing fancy...just the usual t-shirt, and or shot glass route, as I have one teen who collects t-shirts and water globes, and a twenty year old who collects t-shirts and shot glasses.

The same holds true for Limon, Costa Rica, is there souvenir shopping at the pier...do we dock at the pier, or are we tendered (my new word for the day)? Do they stop on the bus, boat and train excursion to shop?

As for Belize, if they tender you directly from the boat to the private beach excursion, is their time, and a place to shop?...can we tender to the pier to shop after the private beach?

I know tacky tourist...but since I am leaving the boys back home, up to their @#$% in snow, the least I can do is bring them a souvenir...maybe send them a postcard....ya think!

155 sleeps!

I will be taking the same cruise, but in December. I got a lot of good info off the "Ports of Call" section of the boards. There are separate ones for Costa Rica, Belize, and Panama. Have a great trip!

Archived