Nick & Nora's Question

Kansas-Jayhawk

I am not planning on eating at Nick & Nora's but would like to visit the bar inside the club. My question is, do you have to eat in the club to visit the bar? Thanks

We were on the Miracle in April, and they have a wine bar attached to Nick and Nora's. To my knowledge you could enjoy the bar without having to make reservations with the resaurant. Although the 30 extra dollars per person is well worth the dinner.

This may seem like a really stupid reply (and it probably is) but if there are a gazillion bars in other places on the ship, why THAT bar? I'm just curious.

I initially thought the same thing, but then thought it might be because it would tend to be a little more intimate and less noisy?

Back to the OP. We ate there, but truth be told I didn't even see a bar (hell, I can't even remember if it was one story or two, two I think. Maybe the bar was on the other floor... if there was another floor).

Ummm, this post isn't helping you in the least, so I'll shut up:o

Ya I had heard there was a better wine list in the resturant, and yes, it would be less noisy (I hope). These are the reasons for the post!

Nick and Nora's is 2 levels - additional seating above, lower level is seating, wine bar, dance floor with band stage (2 piece band when we were there). Here is a great link to give you a slide show of the ship when it was first built.

http://www.cruise-addicts.com/photogallery/main.php?g2_view=slideshow.Slideshow&g2_itemId=925

I actually sat at the bar in the supper club on the Valor (name escapes me at the moment) while they were getting our table ready. It was a subdued atmosphere, and the drink list was definitely more sophisticated than in other bars on the ship. For example, there were many spendy scotches, such as JW Blue, etc.

If you are going to the bar, why not enjoy N&N's while you are there? It was well worth the price. DH and I loved it. The food was extraordinary, the ambiance wonderful and the staff amazing. Can't wait to try the supper club on the Spirit next June.

We are cruising with friends that invited us to go with them, it is their 10 year anniversary and we agreed to go. They have never cruised before and wanted some company. We are in a position to have a catagory 11 room (wrap around), they are in an ocean view. I don't want to step on any toes and abandon them for dinner. I truly hope they go to N & N's since it is their trip, but I don't think they are willing to spend the extra money to enjoy this treat. Maybe next time we cruise, my wife and I will take advantage of the supper club. I hope you all can understand where I am coming from. Again thanks for the advice, and I hope that we can all enjoy a few glasses of wine at the wine bar!

This would not be a problem. I have gone up to the Supper Club bar on a number of occasions on evenings that I do not have reservations for dinner. I found that it is a quieter, more intimate bar -- ideal for a quiet conversation.

On Spirit class ships, it is a beautiful place to be right before sunset as the sun shines through the red atrium glass.

Completely understand.....it might make a nice anniversary gift though. :rolleyes:

The piano bar is a really nice and quiet place to share a glass of wine if you can't get into the bar at N&N.

Have a great cruise....you guys will love the Miracle!

Question? Nick and Nora's is this named after the Thin Man movies? Nick and Nora Charles? I love those movies, not many people my age have seen them and don't know what their missing.

Yes

Miracle's is "fictional icons" -- guest hallways feature drawings of famous literary characters like Robin Hood and Robinson Crusoe (and the more obscure French detective Hercule Poirot)

from

http://www.cruisecritic.com/reviews/review.cfm?ShipID=295

the theme of "fictional icons" gave Farcus the opportunity to break new ground with the design of the Carnival Miracle's many public spaces.

from

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0FCP/is_2_26/ai_n6190589

Archived